He's Out There

The place to discuss FrightFest 2018 - Dates this year are 23 - 27th August.
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

He's Out There

Post by jonbly »

7/10 - OK house invasion movie, let down by a particularly useless kid and crippling injuries that are just shrugged off... not to mention a storybook that didn't go anywhere. The string thing and tea party were nice, though.
Paul1968
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Re: He's Out There

Post by Paul1968 »

Never have I wanted a child in a film to be killed as much as the older one in this
HannahNoir
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by HannahNoir »

1/5

1. Kids were fucking annoying. Not necessarily bad actors, just annoying and I couldn’t give a shit about them dying or not.

2. How many times did she run in and out and then back in and then back out with those kids?! Make a plan woman and don’t do the same one if it didn’t work the first time.

3. What’s the killer’s backstory? What’s with the gauze tape head - but with teeth showing? The red string? Obsession with tea parties? Poisoned cupcakes with words written inside them? Why did he have to kill people when he had perfectly good wood people (who presumably he carved himself with finesse but then when it came to carving out the wooden eye just savagely stabbed at it)? Was he a killer just because he was ‘special’ (or whatever the neighbour described him as)?

4. Who was the bloke with the hood who waved from under the tree that the kids thought was their dad? Presumably Mr Gauze Tape Head - but dressed normally?!

5. How was he eloquently spoken “I lived in this house” speech but then drew pictures like a 2 year old???

6. Having seen the main woman in Handmaid’s Tale and being blown away seemed a shame that she came across boringly in this film.
HannahNoir
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by HannahNoir »

PS

Can anyone point me in the direction of whatever the two people who were up the front, before the film began - with the prosthetic Paul head and dog head - they were talking about something on kickstarter and something something. Anyone have any links for info??
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by jonbly »

HannahNoir wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:45 pmCan anyone point me in the direction of whatever the two people who were up the front, before the film began - with the prosthetic Paul head and dog head - they were talking about something on kickstarter and something something. Anyone have any links for info??
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13 ... escription
svengalidonut
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by svengalidonut »

The heroine did come up with reasonable plans, but she had to keep modifying them as the threats intensified.
I'd give the film 7 out of 10. Lead actress gave a strong performance. I later learned she was an Aussie.
The husband was pretty useless. At least she got more attention from the psycho.
Failed car escape sequence was a classic.
greenzombidog
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by greenzombidog »

This was okay. I didn't like the fact the camera seemed to be wearing sunglasses. I did like the old carved dolls and the eyeballs and arms stuff. Could of done with a few more kills as well. I could watch this again.
In the dark womb we ate hot slime
danthsmith
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by danthsmith »

Very dull and predictable. Why do serial killers always stand still, menacingly in middle distance? Couldn't they wave or do a little dance?
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by jonbly »

I need to watch Leslie Vernon again...
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

A fairly formulaic home invasion thriller where the best bits were the book, the string, the tea parties and the wood carvings, which helped to add some much needed individuality to proceedings. 7 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
ChrisReynolds
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by ChrisReynolds »

Not much to say about this one other than it was an especially generic home invasion movie and it looked like every frame had been run through a Instagram filter to make it look extra dark and brown. Yvonne Strahovski deserves better roles than this.