Possum

The place to discuss FrightFest 2018 - Dates this year are 23 - 27th August.
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Possum

Post by Alex J »

A slow-burner that deals with very real world problems sensitively, albeit suitably uncomfortably for the audience. A very minimalistic style is used, with little dialogue and some sparse, empty, abandoned environments which are used to great effect. Reminiscent of Spider from a number of years ago.
Spoiler:
The twist ending was both a surprise and appropriately disturbing.
8 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
Whiptail
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Possum

Post by Whiptail »

This was bleak, depressing, a well thought out and tortuously twisting plot that made absolutly no sense until right at the very end, but a little too surreal, slow and disjointed for me to truely enjoy. I figure that im just not intelligent/sophisticated/cultured enough to appriciate it fully.

Very well acted and an interesting essay into a broken, abused and tortured mind
ItWasAllGiallo
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by ItWasAllGiallo »

Alex J wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:29 pm Reminiscent of Spider from a number of years ago.
Exactly my thoughts both ‘texturally’ (not to sound like a d***) and thematically with the mental state of the main character inflicting confusion, isolation and a disconnect with past and present events.

Thought this was an excellent film.
WraithApe
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by WraithApe »

TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Disturbing in a way I feel only the British can do. Horror of the real kind, right down to dirty fingernails which always disgust me.

Creepy and hollow in the way you want it to be but in the end not something I'd want to experience again.

A good Q&A (AT THE END) of the film lead to some interesting theories, which is funny when the writer doesn't consider them himself, so it can indeed work on many levels but don't think it is one that would reward on repeat viewings.

A high quality piece of work though.