From the beginning

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
ZombieRandm
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Re: From the beginning

Post by ZombieRandm »

Lucky to have a mate that somehow managed to get into the Scala Cinema when it was still there, and introduced me to Frightfest in 2001 for Brotherhood of the Wolf and Battle Royale! Then either a few films every year or weekend tickets apart from 2015 that we couldn't attend... and we unfortunately won't be making it to summer 2018 either... but might be able to make it down to Halloween if there is something running then :).
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

Sorry to hear that you can't make this year. Greg, Alan, Paul and I are all enjoying very much hearing about the years attended. Keep them coming everybody.
MalJutley
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by MalJutley »

2010 was my first year attending frightfest, following year went for a weekend pass, year after that been doing all 5 days ever since....could never not do all 5 days now!
scarebear
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by scarebear »

I first started going to individual screenings about 5 years ago, when it was at the Empire. The first time i did day tickets was the year when FF was at Shepherds Bush (did the Sunday and Monday). Last year i managed to get individual tickets for Thursday. Friday and Saturday night screenings and then all day Sunday and Monday. (work sometimes gets in the way).

But i can tell you now, after my trip to Glasgow and managing to do the lot (even with the weather) this year im going all in and my holiday days are already booked!!

Its great meeting up with the same people who all have the same interests. Had fun meeting a lot of filmakers as well last year.

Looking forward to it.
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

Great to hear and well don getting to Glasgow. As you know our trip was a bit of an odyssey.
MattP
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by MattP »

First attended in 2002 for 2 films (The Eye and Halloween Resurrection) can't remember how I heard about, probably an advert in Empire, Total Film or Fangoria. Then for 2003 and 2004 I attended Saturday, Sunday and Monday and from 2005 onwards was when I began attending the entire festival. I have missed 2 though (Shepherds Bush and this year's) also attended one Glasgow show (2009)
DavieT
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by DavieT »

Attending since 2003 - only missed one which was 2016 and that was purely because I couldn't face a bank holiday weekend in Shepherds Bush. Stumbled upon Frightfest in 2003 as I was passing Prince Charles Cinema and thought it looked like a decent way of spending August B hol weekend. Had full pass for all the years attending with the exception of 2013 when I had day passes for Sat and Sun only. Most favourite so far has been 2009.
husky1
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by husky1 »

Chris and I have been going for a while now.this year will be our first halloween though missed our first Glasgow due to the weather