Botched

Shamble, like a zombie, down Memory Lane. The ghost of FF2007 awaits you.
AdeBrown
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Botched

Post by AdeBrown »

Excellent fun. From the trailer I had dubbed this Ocean's Eleven meets Evil Dead 2.
From the trailer I had dubbed this Ocean's Eleven meets Severance, but add in some Shaun of the Dead and Evil Dead 2.
Stephen Dorff's timing was spot on in what is basically a whitehall farce with evil Russian (Irish) gore merchants.
Cynics might think his "what have I got involved in?" demeanour is applicable to the film too, but I'd say it's an enjoyable romp. He has to pay a debt to Sean Pertwee's russian gangster by going into Moscow to steal a religious artefact. The huge headquarters of the Moscow TV station seems basic enough, but remember, it doesn't have a 13th floor !
The supporting cast drawn from the usual pool: ice maiden, accountant, ex-Army (yeah right) security guard, and three witches god-fearing religious women. Dorff's two russian sidekicks are played as Laurel and Hardy ...
My livejournal Frightfest reports from days gone by (2004 to 2011)
http://surprisetruck.livejournal.com/tag/frightfest
Jekyll
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Jekyll »

Wasn't really sure what to make of this before seeing it.

Was fairly inoffensive overall but a bit on the predictable side.
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by jonbly »

Rarely has a crazed killer used the art of ballet so effectively.

Good fun.

7/10
iam_dan
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by iam_dan »

title says it all for me...didnt do anything for me...sorry
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

:lol:

Loved it, The 'Ivan' bad guy - the first shot of him prancing down the corridor did it for me, jesus I couldn't stop laughing.

great fun
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

This was one of those films from the trailer i wanted to have fun with.

It started well but quickly went down hill very fast,the suspension of disbelief could not be achieved,the acting was poor the sets was dross,script dire not even stephen dorff or Jaime Murray could have save this, i walked out and went to the bar only to be met by Ian with the director sat down looking very nervous as it was its first showing with his family at the viewing.

i really hated the humour it wasnt funny,and the accents was so bad i just didnt buy into the movie at all.

Still a good movie to begin your carreer with they can only get better from here!
:) :(
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
DavieT
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by DavieT »

An extremely silly movie but I really liked it.

I'm left with bizarre flash backs to Ivan the terrible prancing around the corridors wild eyes and covered in blood ... bit of a Rik Mayall look about the eyes ...and bizarrely flicking the switch to leash one of his man-traps all to the accompanyment of disco lighting and Shalimar!?

As for the "Alpha Male" and his meat cleaver booby trap - could have done with the French woman from Storm Warning to help him out ;)
xLeft For Deadx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by xLeft For Deadx »

It was silly, but I did enjoy it. It was maybe about 15-20 minutes too long, as there wasn't exactly a lot of plot to get through, and the jokes were starting to wear thin towards the end. I thought it could have benefited from the rampaging maniac being played straight, as there were already enough comedic characters. It also disturbed me that the he looked exactly like the singer from the Norwegian prog/black metal band - Enslaved.
Reanimator
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Reanimator »

Good fun but nothing more - I think it will struggle to find an audience although I hope it does well
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

Rather enjoyed this almost French farce style of a film. Some very amusing and weird characters. Pleasantly surprised to see Sean Pertwee and Stephen Doriff in th same film. I thought they were both excellent.

Rather liked the foot being impaled to disco music and lights. Very amusing!
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
soulmining
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by soulmining »

This was the one film I feared would be terrible... but I quite enjoyed it, although part of that might have been that I needed some light relief after The Girl Next Door. Wasn't really a well made film, but was so wacky you just had to go with it...
First things first, stay calm.
rawshark
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by rawshark »

Ah - the fake Russian accent Sean Pertwee was using put me off the film straight away (as did Dorff running away from the spilt diamonds without even going for one quick scoop), and then when every other character started using 'Russian accents', I lost interest completely

One of the very few I actually walked out of - sorry...
It's horrible... I love it... What is it?
ghouldrool
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by ghouldrool »

the films only redeeming features really were the Disco Death Trap and the clobber Ivan was prancing around in

why would russians talk to each other in comedy accented english?
"Just what the world needs; a schizophrenic toaster!"
AdeBrown
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by AdeBrown »

Comedy accented irish, more like.

That just added to the charm for me.

"I am alpha male" heheheh
My livejournal Frightfest reports from days gone by (2004 to 2011)
http://surprisetruck.livejournal.com/tag/frightfest
AndyJWS
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by AndyJWS »

Bit worried by the start as it seemed distinctly lacking especially on the comedy front, but picked right up when the comedy Russian security guard came in. A touch on the long side and the ending a little flat but some great comedy in there and almost added to the weekend's ever-growing tally of genital mutilation!

(Last year "brought on the willies", this year chopped/mashed/chewed them back off?)
"There is no Good, there is no Evil... There is only flesh..."