TV Eye

Get to know the forumites, come and say Hello. Chat music, books, tv or games.
ghouldrool
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

TV Eye

Post by ghouldrool »

Ok i think we need a thread to talk about the TV we watch and to discuss Phils new blog too.

With all the decent programmes either just starting or mere weeks form being back with us-what are we all looking forward to? what are we watching atm?

Me? im looking forward most to Lost S4, Dexter S2 and the rest of Torchwood. 24 goes without saying :wink:
Last edited by ghouldrool on Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Just what the world needs; a schizophrenic toaster!"
soulmining
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by soulmining »

Yes, there's a lot of new stuff around at this time of year...

Torchwood and Primeval have both started their second seasons this week so I will probably talk about those in my next blog...

Then we have Reaper beginning this week on E4 with Kevin Smith directing the pilot episode, will be tuning in for that.

Lots happening stateside too of course with Lost returning in the next couple of weeks (not sure when Sky are showing it here) and The Sarah Connor Chronicles just started...

Have almost finished season 2 of Heroes and some eps of The Bionic Woman, but I feel I ought to wait until they start here in the UK before I cover them in one of my blogs... unless I end up doing one solely about the latest US shows... we'll see...

Anything else out there you think I should be watching then please do let me know!!
First things first, stay calm.
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

First Two Episodes of the Sarah Connor Chronicles are flippin fantastic although by the second episode they were breaking some rules they set up in the first episode :lol:

Looking Forward to the Eliza Dushku/Joss Whedon project Dollhouse... although being on fox it's bound to get canned :(
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

i have read a lot about the writers strike and how its affecting a lot of shows that were planned as well as season 4 of lost and how 2009 could be a stinker of a year for both TV and film.

I still havent watched Heroes season 1 yet :( nor lost season 3 and have a sealed prison break season 1 which hasn't escaped it wrapping :D
4400 season 1 and supernatural i must get season 2.
ITV2 are showing the new season of supernatural soon and ER is back on which has been my staple diet of tv viewing for many years from its 1st season,the days of George Clooney & when QT would direct and episode and many a guest star was in one too.
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

Loving Supernatural... tis clever and has sexy ladies in it... :)

Heroes Season 1, Be sure you sit down and watch when you have nothing better to do for an entire day. After the fourth episode it's one of those "Oh what the hell, just one more" shows.
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

Satans Puppy wrote: Heroes Season 1, Be sure you sit down and watch when you have nothing better to do for an entire day. After the fourth episode it's one of those "Oh what the hell, just one more" shows.
Sooo true. Spent many days watching episode after episode. Thinking just one more.....
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

supernatural series 3 starts on the 27th january on ITV2 no time listed yet,and lots about the new bionic woman with Michelle Ryan of Eastenders fame on itv 2s website
Virgin are showing the Sarah Connor chronicles, i best get my digital aerial installed quick :D
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
ghouldrool
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by ghouldrool »

i will be giving Sarah Connor a wide berth. Its bound to die a quick death. Its Buffy but shes a terminator

Lost 4 arrives 3rd of Feb.
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

ghouldrool wrote:i will be giving Sarah Connor a wide berth. Its bound to die a quick death. Its Buffy but shes a terminator

Lost 4 arrives 3rd of Feb.
Summer Glau was the girl from serenity... BUFFY... how very dare thee!!!

Although after Fox Cancelled Drive last year I was most upset, it showed promise and the episode Fox decided not to air, won an award!!!! :shock: :shock:
ghouldrool
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by ghouldrool »

duh i know she was from serenity.. it doesnt change the fact this is another Super Powered Girl show, ergo "buffy". tho yes i should have made it clearer that that was what i was getting at.

Urgh ive just realised what that really will result in. Terminatoress will over the course of the TV show no doubt learn about and experience human emotions (for human emotions read American values) and will now doubt utter "is this the feeling you call love?"... kid of like the offspring of Buffy and Data. bad bad bad
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

Ever the Optomist....

Summer is lovely... I'd risk gettin my ding dong trapped between nuts n bolts if it meant a night with Summer :lol:

*pops on his dodgy mac and lurks in the shadows*

Nah I can see it going that way but I don't know if it will get that far, she's bound to get a virus and join the decepticons or whatever they're called... :D
ghouldrool
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by ghouldrool »

wonder which will win out, Bionic Woman or Sarah Connor...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GpbYsUkNxhQ

And so the oddest sequal series is about to hit us. Ashes to Ashes. High hopes here and hopes that Gene Hunt isnt totally turned into an even bigger caricature. Would be great to see another Camberwick Green style opener.

On this nostalgic note it would be wrong to not list a few shows that would benefit from a comeback:

War of the Worlds, Alien Nation, Automan. And isnt it a shame we no longer have Moviedrome or Richard o Brians Mystery Train. The Word is also missed i have to confess
soulmining
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by soulmining »

Keep an eye out for the Ashes To Ashes trailer, they just started showing it on BBC1 at the weekend... still not sure whether I approve of the idea or not, it all seems a little bit pointless (and takes away the mystery) by just re-hashing Life On Mars with a different lead and a different era, but hey, I'm sure it will still be a fun watch...

Hoping to get the first three eps of The Sarah Connor Chronicles this week, fingers crossed, my mate says it has been pretty good so far... I wasn't impressed by The Bionic Woman, struck me as an Alias clone...

Have now finished s2 of Heroes which was... well, I'll get to it in due course.

On a totally different track, I've just watched all of s2 of The Office (US) on Paramount now and have become addicted... have just ordered s3 on DVD as it's under £20 on cd-wow at the moment.

Don't forget, it's Jimbo's Torchwood episode this Wednesday!!
First things first, stay calm.
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

Sooo much awesome telly....

Supernatural
Heroes
Dexter
Ghost Whisperer
Bionic woman
Sarah Connor Chronicles
Medium
Smallville
Lost
Reaper
Entourage
Prison Break
Desperate Housewives

I canny get enough.
ghouldrool
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by ghouldrool »

Any opinions on the return of Lost?

While it was a decent return it still felt like an exercise in running on the spot. The Flash forwards are an irritating addition so far. The signs of padding are starting to become fully obvious. Still it was nice to see Locke score at least one victory over Jack even if the flash forward undermines it.

On the Prison Break front things were progressing fast. So fast its shocking to realise the episode is still a scratch over 40 mins long. Suddenly things snap back right to where they were moments before but its done with such style that it is fast becoming the most addictive thing on. again.

24 and Nip/Tuck still to come. Also the cinema trailer for Doctor Who was a slight improvement on the Xmas one. Only heartbreaking to see Donna being in love with the Doctor. Its like since Nathan and Stuart from QAF old RTD can only construct his character relationships in one way.