what are you reading?

Get to know the forumites, come and say Hello. Chat music, books, tv or games.
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Re: what are you reading?

Post by maxmum »

I'm trying to read the enemy but its pretty childish so far. calling zombies 'mothers and fathers'

sigh
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
capthowdy66
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by capthowdy66 »

Just read Old Flames and Right To Life by Jack Ketchum, yuck Right to Life was a hard read and the pay-off was way too quick!!

Now reading Lucy's Child by Shaun Hutson :)
bernal316
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by bernal316 »

Reading Richard Laymons Quake, love Richard Laymons approach to storytelling and quake is the only one of his books i haven't read.
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

what are you reading?

Post by daveroughcut »

bernal316 wrote:Reading Richard Laymons Quake, love Richard Laymons approach to storytelling and quake is the only one of his books i haven't read.
Blurgh. Every one always wears Nike trainers, the women are always athletic and tanned and they all drink Pepsi. Hack.
bernal316
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by bernal316 »

daveroughcut wrote:
bernal316 wrote:Reading Richard Laymons Quake, love Richard Laymons approach to storytelling and quake is the only one of his books i haven't read.
Blurgh. Every one always wears Nike trainers, the women are always athletic and tanned and they all drink Pepsi. Hack.

Exactly!!! Great easy reading usually with a generous helping of sex and violence. Who needs high brow literature, give me horror pulp any day of the week!!
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

Re reading The Shining at the moment.
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
xBIGJOEx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by xBIGJOEx »

can anyone recomend me some horror/ghost novels set in scotland?!We are going to the north east coast for our honeymoon in November and i want some scottish scares to take away with me
You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders, who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese.
halloweengirl
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by halloweengirl »

Working my way through the books of Ryan David Jahn - Acts of Violence (which I think even won and award recently), Low Life and now I have a proof copy (get me!) of The Dispatcher. Although they are not horror, they do have horrific elements about them and are so gripping you end up whizzing through them in no time.
halloweengirl
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by halloweengirl »

Okay, finished the Dispatcher - look out for it next year, it's really good - and having whipped through the latest Christopher Fowler Bryant and May book, I'm onto The Harbour by John Ajvide Lindqvist, which is weirdly creepy and, again, beautifully written and translated.
EvilAsh
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by EvilAsh »

K-Pax
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Maniacal »

Do graphic novels count? currently getting through:

Kick-Ass
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Batman: Year One
Batman: What ever happened to that caped crusader?
Batman: Joker
Batman: The Killing Joke

Twitter: _grimgringhost
Facebook: Maniacal2011
XxsimmiexX
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by XxsimmiexX »

As an avid reader of horror literature, i must say how much i've enjoyed reading the richard laymon books..i think i now have three more to read and i've read them all..i would recommend them any day!!
A few of my fave from his works are;
The Traveling Vampire Show
One rainy night
All hallows eve
Flesh

I got a few books for christmas, and the one i am reading at the moment is 'The scream queens survival guide: Avoid machetes, Defeat evil children,Steer clear of bloody dismemberment, and conquer other horror movie cliches'..a good read so far! You can get it on amazon for £8.99.
Superbeasto
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Superbeasto »

Just getting started on 'The Fall' by Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan. So far not finding it's gripping me as much as 'The Strain', but it's early doors yet.
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

what are you reading?

Post by daveroughcut »

Finished Dean Koontz Odd Thomas, Alistair Reynolds House Of Suns and Margaret Attwood The Year Of The Flood. Currently on K J Parker The Company.
The DeadlySpawn
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

what are you reading?

Post by The DeadlySpawn »

I may well start Odd Thomas tonight. I hope it's as good as Brother Odd. It can hardly be worse than Ramsey Campbells To Wake the Dead, which I just finished. I've yet to read anything of his that I like, so I think I'll just give up on his work altogether.