GRACE

Relive the horror of Frightfest 2009
Team Banzai
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

GRACE

Post by Team Banzai »

did guest paul solet give birth to a great film.. or not?
Rue-morgue Jay
----
----

Post by Rue-morgue Jay »

Awesome. the fine line between fiction and reality. What a mother would do for the baby she loved. Very very creepy. The 'blink and you'll miss him' cameo was great! :D
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

It woulda been nice to see the six minute short aswell :)

But It certainly lived up to expectations :D Fantabulous!
Geishagirl
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Grace

Post by Geishagirl »

Definitely the best film of the fest! Done everything a good horror should- staddled a somewhat controversial subject matter, broke all the 'rules' and brought the scares right home to roost. kudos to Solet- and they say originality is dead and buried. For a film not based on a remake or Asian/Spanish horror- the man did good! A dismembered head and shoulders above the rest!
"When you look at your life in a strange new room, almost drowning soon, is this the start of it all?"
kitkat
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by kitkat »

Best the film of the weekend by a mile. A very difficult subject matter handled in a sensitive manner that many non-genre films would find hard to match. As well as being scary in parts, the film was also incredibly creepy, in a Polanski type way. It also reminded me a lot of some of those creepy movies that the US made back in the early 70's like The Baby and Let's Scare Jessica to Death. Only this was better!!!!
feggie
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by feggie »

Loved it and i think this will last the test of time. I can imagine sitting watching it in about 20-30 years with my kids(don't have any and have no plans after Grace and the unborn(how can i bring kids into a world that makes films this bad)).

really passionate director who seemed to get a little bit of pleasure when 6 people left at the same time midway through the film.
krispyg
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore
Location: Failsworth - it's midway between Oldham and Manchester

Post by krispyg »

Cracking film, very what the f*ck just happenned style movie. I enjoyed this one and would reccomend it to anyone
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by daveroughcut »

I felt quite let down by Grace, Dead Girl had already pushed the limits of taste a bit I felt Grace really telegraphed where it was going and took a long time getting there. No comparable to Polanski or, as mentioned by the director, Henke at all.
krispyg
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore
Location: Failsworth - it's midway between Oldham and Manchester

Post by krispyg »

It didn't have the shock factor as much as what I expected. My belated new years resolution is to not check out reviews of films first, just go with them and form my own opinion. I will read up on what the film is about but that's all.

However I did think the story was awesome and well acted and a Grace 2 where the child has grown up, that could be done as well. So the option is there to see how the child devolops. Maybe it attacks others so it can get blood??

I also think Paul Solet has endeared himself to us for future events!
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

Very well made I thought. Yes enjoyed this one.
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
soberdave72@hotmail.com
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Grace

Post by soberdave72@hotmail.com »

Really odd film, thought I disliked it, when watching it, but it is quite haunting, and its repulsive images stay in the mind, which is what, good horror should do, ala Eraserhead.

A definite grower, will buy, when its on DVD. I thought Deadgirl was darkly great as well.

Top weekend, well worth travelling from Swindon for.
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

I really enjoyed this one. Very much reminded me of Cronenberg -Dead Ringers. Very different from the slice and dice films around at the moment.

Though the ending tailed off a bit. Still thought it was rather good. Also noted the fact there were 3 strong female characters who either wanted to kill or love each other.

Be interesting to see the short of this.
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
roughcutreviews
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by roughcutreviews »

thought it was refreshing to see something different but a little too drawn out for me..
"When theres no more room in hell the dead will walk the earth..."
rach
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by rach »

It was ok, but nothing spectacular. Dragged on a bit and I was left wanting to know more (why and what next!). I think I expected a lot more from it.
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

Did anyone else expect the baby to get up in the crib and give the mum an evil look before wailing "Feed me Seymour....."

"I'm a mean green mother from Inner Womb and I'm Baaaaaaad!!!"

or the mother to start singing:

"I've given you sunshine, I've given you milk.... you won't be happy, till I open a vein, oh god won't you help me... dooo deee daaa dee dooo... oh pleeeeeeease grow for meeeeeee"

It was very Little shop of horrors :D