Shuttle

Relive the horror of Frightfest 2009
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Shuttle

Post by The Soapmaker »

OK, no-one's started a thread for this one, so I suppose it ought to have one.

For what it's worth, I thought the basic idea of a late-night airport shuttlebus driver with evil intentions had some potential. But the plot was such a completely illogical mess it really tried my patience....

What was the recent film Alan thought it resembled?
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Re: Shuttle

Post by streetrw »

The Soapmaker wrote:What was the recent film Alan thought it resembled?
I'm guessing Hush, though early on I thought it was veering into Judgement Night territory.

It was okay, and there were some nice twists in it, but there were also bits that really made no sense, and whether it was the projection or the photography, some of it was just too dark.
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

Intresting, but too long and dark. Couldn't tell half the time what was actually happening!

Also, the girls were meant to be perfect that they were shipping off to Asia. But he makes her dye her hair blonde to match the others - surely defeating the "perfect body and image" idea.

Would watch again but not something I would rave about to friends.
If only we were amongst friends... or sane persons!
Wolfshade
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Wolfshade »

The Soapmaker wrote:
Five Across The Eyes, or Hush maybe.

The first half of Shuttle was great, i.e. the bit inside the bus, then when we got into the factory it went really downhill and didn't seem to know where to end. The girl had more than enough opportunities to kill the driver in the last half hour, but kept letting him survive for some reason!

If the whole film had been like the first half, it would have been great, but cos of the last half hour, it was just meh okay overall.
rawshark
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by rawshark »

Hmm, it's ok - well-performed and all that but a heap of logic holes..

- who was in the car that ran them off the road in the first place?
- why let her go into the supermarket all alone when you have an accomplice with you
- why didn't she communicate more than 'look at the tape' on the note she gave to the cashier
- why have the sign language subplot in there at all if it leads nowhere?
- why is there no-one around anywhere late at night
- bad scriptwriting - "I was loving the human drama"..

I could go on, but you get the drift..
It's horrible... I love it... What is it?
kimblebee
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by kimblebee »

Yeah, so much wrong with it in terms of plot and logic! A lot of things are left unexplained and aspects of the film which you would expect to have a purpose (i.e. lead female characters sign language), never come to anything. A bit of a novice attempt at a film - it was very poorly lit (to the point where the few action sequences were rendered pointless, as you couldn't make out who was who), some parts just made me angry - like how you can go platinum blonde from very dark brunette in the space of five minutes from a home dye kit (yeah right!), and the only twist was pretty obvious from the start... I'm not normally too critical of the films but this one really rubbed me up the wrong way for some reason :)
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Wasn't keen on this either, and the last 25 minutes appeared to be in black & white with just a hint of colour! What happened?
odishon
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by odishon »

Found this one quite annoying due to its darkness and as others have mentioned, the character's ridiculous actions.

Think if I'd been watching it at home I'd have been constantly hitting the brightness button just to try and see what was going on, or better still the off button!
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

Wolfshade wrote:
The Soapmaker wrote:
Five Across The Eyes, or Hush maybe.
Yeah, I could only think of Hush (except that was excellent, big difference!). Only because of the "white slavery" aspect... but I guess that's enough.

Haven't seen Five Across The Eyes.
zoltan
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by zoltan »

On paper this sounded like right up my alley , but even without the annoying fact you could not see what was happening during the middle part, it was just so unbelivable.
More plot holes than a golf course.
soberdave72@hotmail.com
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by soberdave72@hotmail.com »

Thought this was a pretty good little b movie picture. I liked the fact that the food and cat litter was for the film's ala vanishing unpleasant ending.

With a little more violence onshow from the traffickers, this could have been even better.

As for Repo, the less said the better, quite easily the worst film I have ever seen. The woman from Zone horror caught me on the way out and I rather let rip. But the director did say, he wanted us to say if we disliked it!

following on from Scotland, another hugely enjoyable day.
kitkat
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by kitkat »

I also found this film a little tiresome and by the end somewaht annoying. Too many gaping plot holes that defied logic combined with a pacing that, for me at least, made the film seem overlong. This is the sort of plot that was done a lot better in the seventies/eighties in shows like Thriller and Hammer House of Mystery and Suspencse.
splittter
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by splittter »

Didn't really make sense, and as many have already said why the heck was it so dark ... it was so bad you pretty much couldn't tell who was hitting who with what in a number of the action sequences, which renders the whole scenes pointless. All I could think at the end, though, was just how much I could improve their whole people trafficking organisation. I mean, talk about inefficient...
Tragedygirl
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Tragedygirl »

I am going to be the only person quite happy to say she liked this!! Yeah BIG plot holes but I just went alone with it. There has been a lot worse People in Peril films :lol:

Actually found myself thinking about the final scene quite a lot on the way home in the dark and felt quite unsettled by it.

Some of the scenes were uber dark though - especially insed the shuttle - very annoying i agree!

And I am probably the only one to think about the 2 bad guys ... the "not such a surprise"one was predicatable loony and the other one - got me wondering what his back story was, because he seemed really uncomfortable about what he did with the girls at the end - heck he could have killed the thrush girl much more nastily. I dont know ... maybe I am thinking about a film too much, but this one did get me thinking about why people do stuff ($40,000 a week is a lot of money - but would you do his job for that money??)

Oh dear :oops: oh well, at least i gave the film a little more thought than it maybe deserved!!

This was actually my No 2 film of the day!! Ducks for cover now as you all yell "NO??!!" at me!
Bearded Avenger
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Bearded Avenger »

Hello Doris! wrote: Also, the girls were meant to be perfect that they were shipping off to Asia. But he makes her dye her hair blonde to match the others - surely defeating the "perfect body and image" idea.
And as pointed out to me - surely by the time she got to Asia (or wherever) the die would have grown out.