Macabre

Relive the horror of Frightfest 2009
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Macabre

Post by jonbly »

Perhaps a little too slow to get going, but once the mayhem got underway the resulting bloodbath was highly entertaining.

7/10
Black Sheep
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Black Sheep »

Yeah, I thought Macabre was pretty awesome. Horror films don't usually stay with me / effect me for very long, but I haven't been able to eat any meat since the Friday night viewing, especially not any cured meats that resemble the plate of food Adam offered to Ladya over the dinner table. And what about when Evil Spawn no. 3 was placing a freshly chopped-up bit of flesh into the ice box, like it was a juicy bit of pork loin? I ordered a plate of ribs the day after and had to push it aside, as that image kept flashing in my head.

Does anyone know how I can get ahold of the "Dara" short that Macabre is based on? Thanks!
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Gave up with this about halfway through... just didn't care anymore...
Jekyll
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Jekyll »

Was alright in a kind of so OTT gory it will keep me awake.
kimblebee
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by kimblebee »

A little bit gruesome for that time of night - i was so tired! But good story and developed enough background to carry the meaningless gore at the end. Was it just me though or did the lady with the hairpin really annoy everyone? I think it was her voice - and she was a bit of a psycho!

Not sure if it was the bloodiest movie ever shown at FF though... can anyone think of any other contenders that might knock this one out of the water?
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

I've an idea that, gallon for gallon, Inside might still be the bloodiest so far.

Once it got past the first twenty minutes or so and they started with the gory mayhem, it was fun enough. It's not particularly good but reasonably entertaining and, along with The Hosemen, made me wonder about Hitchcock's old remark about how difficult it is to actually kill a man, even with a really big knife.
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

It may have wall to wall blood but it was a tad overlong. Did take a long time to get going. This being the most bloodiest film shown at Frightfest ? Mmmm didn't really think so.
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
Porkboy
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Porkboy »

Bloody but nothing amazingly special. Had some really OTT acting from the mother, and the film, despite being quite short, seemed to go on forever.
"Last person I saw looked like you, I shot 'em in the face!"
"Shoot me in the face and I'll kick your ass!"
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Maniacal »

It was probably the most bloodiest film shown this year, but it lacks in all the other departments.

Twitter: _grimgringhost
Facebook: Maniacal2011
rach
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by rach »

Yeh, the mother was seriously annoying with the monotonous voice and she kinds ruined it for me as everytime she spoke I found myself tutting. Aside from that, it was ok.
dnky666
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by dnky666 »

Really enjoyed this. Did meander a trifle towards the end though. Would have liked to have seen it shown earlier though. Would have been better with a bigger and more awake crowd.

But as a 1st (the short nowithstanding) film it shows a lot of promise. Dara herself was very creepy although it will be a long time until anyone manages to be more terrifying on screen than Beatrice "Insides" Dalle.

Oh and, forgive me all, but was I the only one that wished that the baby had been used more to menace us and make us squirm? Seems they missed a trick there.
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

I very much enjoyed this one, a definate good fit for Frightfest and what I expect and want to see at a horror film festival :D
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

Felt this was one of the better films of the festival and that it shoulda been shown earlier in the day so more folks coulda seen it :D
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

Gruelling, bloody gorefest, although some of the editing / action sequences were indistinct, although this is by no means the only film this comment could be aimed at... 8 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
zoltan
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by zoltan »

As we had not yet properly checked into our hotel we had to miss this , shame as i was suprisingly still awake enought to see it.
Would not have been a good idea to check in a day late.