The Human Centipede

Relive the horror of Frightfest 2009
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

The Human Centipede

Post by jonbly »

This could have been really bad... one joke dragged out over ninety minutes (like VGvFG from the night before). But instead it was nicely paced and really disturbing (hooray!). It's a shame the resolution wasn't better, as the big screen really showed the flaws in the video. It'll be interesting to see if the 'Full Sequence' ever gets made...

7/10
mart
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by mart »

It rocked!!

I thought it will be crap also but I wanted to see it anyway cos the story sounded so fu**d up. This thing really took me by surprise and by the reaction of the crowd, everyone seemed to love it, which is very strange for such a weird concept. Sick but great. 9/10

I also noticed the pixelation issue, what's up with that? bad conversion to HD cam?
http://www.myspace.com/musicnarts
DavieT
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by DavieT »

Thought twice about watching this one but though what the hell why not ... a story that bonkers had to be seen to be believed. Quite bizarrely disturbing in places (lets face it ...anything other than no1 in the chain is really not going to eat well :shock:) but seemed to hang together. Kept thinking ohhh somethings gonna rip as the trio were climbing those stairs. Be interesting to see what a censor would cut if this ever got anywhere near a cinema release.
TotenEngel
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by TotenEngel »

For me, one of the most disturbing films so far despite the complete lack of anything very bloody or gorey, genius!
Would be impossible to censor as its just the idea thats so disturbing rather than any particular moment in the film!
Loved the discussions going on afterwards and the fact that everyone had sat and thought about it so much!
The Aylmer
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by The Aylmer »

Just when I thought I'd seen everything. To quote Team America... "Have you ever seen a man eat his own head Gary? No? Then you haven't seen everything". Maybe not, but I have seen The Human Centipede and that comes pretty bloody close! A truly warped twisted work of genius that had all sorts of thoughts and emotions running through my head at a queasy rate of knots. I was completely taken aback by this one and after much thought have decided it's probably my favourite of the festival so far. 10/10 then. Pass the extra strong mints someone.
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by daveroughcut »

So want to see this. Need to do LOTS of OT can't miss a day next year!
goregoregirl
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by goregoregirl »

I didn't rate this at all. Proof that an interesting idea can't carry an entire movie. If you took away the outlandish concept it was a fairly convoluted and straight forward slasher film. I was actually getting quite bored towards the end. The acting was terrible and hammy too.
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

For a while, this was one of those "oh god why am I watching this" films.... not because it was bad, but because the whole human centipede surgery concept was making me feel sick. But it was all in my mind, as nothing very graphic was actually shown...

Anyway, the performance of Dieter Laser made the film for me. To play it so straight yet to be so hilarious. The bit when he was trying to get rid of the cops, thinking his bizarre behaviour actually wasn't going to arouse their suspicions, was just brilliant.
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

Loved it! The only bit that made me gag was the poo making its way through the chain - burgh!

Feggie and I were gutted that they didn't split, and pus and poop didnt come out. :(
If only we were amongst friends... or sane persons!
The Aylmer
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by The Aylmer »

Hello Doris! wrote:Loved it! The only bit that made me gag was the poo making its way through the chain - burgh!

Feggie and I were gutted that they didn't split, and pus and poop didnt come out. :(
I think everyone was waiting for that. Especially as they were trying to get up the stairs. And one of the quotes of the whole weekend has to be... "Yes, that's it. Eat. Eat. EAT!"
Tommy-Boy
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Tommy-Boy »

Dieter Laser as the Doc was brilliant. Never seen anything quite as bizarre as this and to be honest I dont think I probably WANT to. Yeh I had a real gag at the point where nature was taking its course "Sorry I really have to shit!" urggggggggghhh

I had zero expectations of this movie and was expecting it to be one of the worst if not THE worse - well I was wrong about that.
Jekyll
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Jekyll »

Thought that after four years of frightfest and countless videos and dvds I had seen pretty much everything.

Guess I was wrong.

Not quite sure how to describe it, oh I've got it.

Memorable.
Laymonite
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Laymonite »

Came close to walking out of this. Not cos it was rubbish but because I was finding it so squemish.

Really good film. The best bit really was when he's trying to get the cops to leave, as previously mentioned. Haha, he was making it so blatantly obvious that he was a baddie.

Thinking about it, I'm not sure I like the idea of there being another one, which is apparently the case. It'd be like stretching a joke out too far.
Bring her to me, you bum. I'll take care of business.
Reanimator
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Reanimator »

Best film of the festival for me. It was original and though provoking and not overly gory for the sake of it. Thanks to frightfest we get to see films like these before anyone else. I also think it created a bit of a buzz after the screening as a talking point whether you liked it or hated it.
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

It's completely and utterly barking! It's the most mental thing I've seen in ages! And the more I think about the movie, the more I'm impressed by it. It's a genuinely great idea - and apparently 100% medically accurate - and full marks for having the guts to go out there and do it.
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!