Umbrage

Relive the horror of Frightfest 2009
Reanimator
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Umbrage

Post by Reanimator »

I think I may be in the minority but I enjoyed Umbrage. It lost its way a little bit at times but overall was enjoyable.
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

I thought Doris was going to kill my mates when they started sniggering and giggling next to her but during the Adam & Lilith scene? Doris totally let rip and I couldn't supress my giggles any longer.

Truly bad on so many levels it made my belly hurt with laughter afterwards.
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
krispyg
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore
Location: Failsworth - it's midway between Oldham and Manchester

Post by krispyg »

This did nothing for me, the horror references were well placed and it had its funny moments but it's not a film I would want to see again nor recommend to others.

I don't like being too critical of films* as I always think well someone has spent there time making it, come up with ideas and worked on it to make it happen. So the nicest thing to say is it was a novel idea and not really a film for me.

* Unless its Wrong Turn 3
"With all your superstitions
And empty lines
I could be just like you
Withdrawn but alive"
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

Yep agree with Reanimator. Be good to see more of the movie quoting vampire/cowboy. Had to admit I was smirking at Doug Bradly when he stumbling back onto the screen at the end of the film.

Liked the setting of barn and farmhouse. Shame the story was a tad confusing.
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
krispyg
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore
Location: Failsworth - it's midway between Oldham and Manchester

Post by krispyg »

Maybe that's what I don't get, I don't like horror to be too intelligent, similar to Triangle in so far as if it requires me to think too much I lose interest.
"With all your superstitions
And empty lines
I could be just like you
Withdrawn but alive"
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

Did they ever explain the shadows attacking everyone? :)
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

A new Doug Bradley movie!!
well i didnt hold out much hope for it,and even though i arrived a few minutes late,this seemed to go on forever and ever and ever.
A great cast and a Q&A after held up well for the film,but it just seemed so weighed down with its too many ideas.
and no disrespect to the main lead cowboy vampire,but some of the lines needed more charisma to be said than what we were seeing on screen from him.
its a great 1st movie but could do with editing down to make it more faster paced.
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
nekro
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by nekro »

script was confused, dialogue was terrible, acting was poor. it was more like a home movie or something made by a student at film school. some of the shots and sequences were filmed really badly and the colour on the print was really bad.

the ending seemed to go on for ages, it was such a poor attempt it was laughable. all in all in seemed rather self-indulgent.

it's a shame to see talentless directors get the chance to make rubbish like this when there are so many aspiring direcotrs with great ideas out there who just can't seem to get any funding.

the only redeeming feature were the scottish actresses tits and the scene where she gets raped by a caveman, i enjoyed that bit
mga76
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Umbrage

Post by mga76 »

I really enjoyed it too, I thought it was a good film. The cast were great, as was the set, a good opener.
PatrolDave
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by PatrolDave »

script was confused, dialogue was terrible, acting was poor. it was more like a home movie or something made by a student at film school. some of the shots and sequences were filmed really badly and the colour on the print was really bad.

the ending seemed to go on for ages, it was such a poor attempt it was laughable. all in all in seemed rather self-indulgent.

it's a shame to see talentless directors get the chance to make rubbish like this when there are so many aspiring direcotrs with great ideas out there who just can't seem to get any funding.
Perfectly summed up.

This is just BAD BAD filmmaking. But, rather than making a fun bad movie [Wrong Turn 3 for example], Umbrage is quite a slow paced, dialogue heavy bad movie with too many shit ideas.

Easily the worst fight scene I have seen. Definitely the worst acting of the night [even you Pinhead]. Piss poor use of a nice location [we get to see the house and a barn, brilliant]. There is no tension, too much bad comedy [vampire cowboy man, you are not funny], very standard shots without any visuals that stand out, a bad sound mix [although there is a chance this may be resolved with future edits] and the worst final shot of a movie I have seen for years and years. It was painful and pompous and infuriating, much like hearing the director talk after the film.
I have a trailer and everything;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr1S-qvSjrY
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

:lol: Since August the frightfest crowd are out for blood... first Heartless and now this?!?! Good Golly...

Mind you, I've been party to these lynchings :lol:

I still wanna know where these evil shadows came from... they just seemed like a throw away plot device to get the vampire in the mix.

Although was any of that script actually his own work? The "What Would Buffy Do" line featured in a Halloween episode of Supernatural.

maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

This was poo
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Someone I know spoke to the director afterwards, who explained one of the tweeks he is doing will be to cgi the "shadows" into the finished movie.

So whether seeing these shadows will explain it better, I dunno...
odishon
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by odishon »

Oh dear this wasn't for me. Very self indulgent and it thought it was a lot more clever and funny than it actually was.
Wolfshade
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Wolfshade »

was really looking for to Invitation Only kicking off the night with a bloodbath, but sadly we ended up with this!

I don't understand why it's being promoted as a horror western - there's no western in this at all - it was more like Emmerdale with vampires. This was the worst of the night for me, and being even worse than Wrong Turn 3 is quite an achievement, but Umbrage managed it.

It was an unbelievably boring film, but as well as being boring just about everything else was wrong with it was - crap acting (Doug Bradley is so shit at playing good guys, make him bad again!), an irriating indulgent arty farty black and white look that the film didn't need, unfunny attempts at comedy....oh yeah and the "comedy rape scene", ha ha what comedy genius that was...

Utter drivel.