A Serbian Film - PULLED from line-up

The movies of 2010 still live
nagelfar
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: A Serbian Film - PULLED from line-up

Post by nagelfar »

Pumpkin wrote:Out of curiosity, nagelfar, where did you watch Serbian yesterday? I thought Raindance was the only place showing it in the near future...
At http://slashfilmfestival.com/ in Vienna, Austria. A new (first time) but promising festival done by a young and motivated crew (no, I'm not one of them).
rawshark
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by rawshark »

Thanks for clarifying that nagelfar. I'm glad you saw the film at a festival, and although we may disagree on the point and the content of the film itself, you are completely entitled in giving an opinion after seeing the film at an official festival screening.

This is why we so wanted it to play at FrightFest. We knew it would split opinions completely, and we really wanted to encourage the debate this film throws up. At the moment. we in the UK are unable to 'officially' do that which is a real shame.

We have no intention of forcing anyone to see this film, but it seems in this country at least, there are people who want to force people to be unable to see this film...
It's horrible... I love it... What is it?
Pumpkin
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Pumpkin »

Oooh hadn't heard of that fest - sounds fab!
Axe
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Axe »

The film seems to get shown at film festivals around the world but so far hasn't been picked up for wider distribution outside of the UK (DVD). I can't imagine there being any censorship issues in most of Europe or the US. Might have problems in Australia, New Zealand though, outside festival screenings.
Eddie Krueger
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Eddie Krueger »

streetrw wrote:FWIW: my most recent so-called "thoughts" about A Serbian Film are up on the FF blog page:

http://www.frightfest.co.uk/richard'srandomi.html

"Once A Serbian Film had been effectively banned until the cuts were imposed, it became a must-see on the internet torrent sites - where, obviously, it can be seen by anyone: not just the discerning, intelligent adult or the politically aware who understand the Serbian social climate that A Serbian Film claims to illustrate. Now, without any gatekeepers to keep children away, anyone - kiddies included - can see screener copies of the uncensored film that have been uploaded onto the web, and they're not particularly difficult to locate either. If I can find links to these things, it's certainly not beyond the reach of the average 12-year-old with a search engine."

That's an excellent point, well made. Just goes to show that the BBFC are becoming more self-serving and not really bothered about the moral fabric of society! There is a distinct Tory whiff to all this, I think.
markR
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by markR »

Lucky enough to get a ticket to Serbian Film at Raindance tom night! Can't wait to see it and wage my own opinion!
rawshark
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by rawshark »

Thank you MarkR for waiting for a proper uncut cinema screening of this film..
See you there..
It's horrible... I love it... What is it?
nekro
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by nekro »

i haven't received a confirmation e-mail yet and am desperate to go and see this :(
c4uk
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by c4uk »

Received my confirm email too :)

nekro - when did you register? and when you did register did you receive an auto response email to say raindance got your email?

as i registered ages ago and it seems they never got the emails, but then registered again on tuesday and this time got an auto response email saying the email was received and will get back to me
nekro
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by nekro »

i got 1 invite into my junk mail but i applied for my friend also - someone is looking into it for me now so fingers crossed as i can't really go without him. i was really gutted about the situation at Frightfest and have reisted temptation to watch it online thus far. i'm so excited about this screening, i hope it works out :cry:
Eddie Krueger
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Eddie Krueger »

I'm looking forward to hearing the reactions from you guys who are going to the screening tomorrow night. I too am refusing to download an indie film, and anyway I think I'd prefer to watch this one in a room full of other horror fans.
mark
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by mark »

got my ticket for tomorrow night..... really looking forward to it with a side helping of trepidation.....
nekro
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by nekro »

all sorted, can't wait for tomorrow night and it will be great to watch on the big screen in a room full of die hard fans. i'm sure there'll be some healthy debate after the screening
c4uk
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by c4uk »

shame its a late nite showing, could have discussed about the film in a pub
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

Eddie Krueger wrote:Just goes to show that the BBFC are becoming more self-serving and not really bothered about the moral fabric of society! There is a distinct Tory whiff to all this, I think.
I really don't think there's anything Tory about this. People would have been jumping up and down and idiot redtops would have foaming at the mouth regardless who won the election.
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!