Bedevilled

The movies of 2010 still live
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Bedevilled

Post by jonbly »

jonbly was completely wrongfooted by this movie - he expected the key action to be around the thugs in Seoul, not on the island. Once the island took centre stage, though, things moved along nicely - our self-centered lead stares gormlessly around her as the situation melts down, yet somehow avoids everything that comes her way... which leaves an odd feel to the movie. Perhaps bozo leaf is the answer to most of horror's problems... Great performance by the killer.

8/10
djwoody
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Bedevilled

Post by djwoody »

Totally surprised by this film as knew nothing about it going in but loved it. Another slow burner which seems to be what the festival was about this year, but great story and characters kept me intrigued.
The pay off at the end was well worth it.
One to check if you missed it.
MaxRenn
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by MaxRenn »

My favorite film of the fest.
I actually burst into tears at the end, and not lump in throat wet eye tears, oh no, this was a full on emotional meltdown.
There is no delight the equal of dread

http://twitter.com/MaxRenn

http://letterboxd.com/maxrenn/

Blog: http://www.chrisandphilpresent.co.uk/blogs/spectacularoptical/
markR
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by markR »

Loved this film as well. Got a bit emotional as well, but the scene when the daughter says she would rather go with her mum than stay and for her to be beaten. The killing rampage at the end was a great pay off to the slow burn beginning. And finally a good use for the Recorder instrument!!
GeorgeCaplin
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by GeorgeCaplin »

Was a great film with a cool blend of drama, horror, and humour. Though I didn't like the main character much as not only does it take the death of a little girl but also the death of the best mate to do the morally right thing.
soberdave72@hotmail.com
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by soberdave72@hotmail.com »

This was a genuinely shocking film. The Cruelty to Bok-wan was incredibly unpleasant, the way the old woman treat her as bad as the men makes it all the worse.

The revenge had me cheering, although the old woman got off far too lightly!

Startling stuff.
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

I liked it. I think it's a bit too long, but it's a powerful statement of the dangers of standing by and not doing the right thing. Some of the characters, particularly the old women, are so hideous it's hard not to cheer their demises, but I didn't as I wasn't sure whether it was appropriate in this instance.
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
Reanimator
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Reanimator »

Didnt know much about this going in - it was a real surprise - excellent!!!!
BabyJaneHudson
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by BabyJaneHudson »

Great film. One of the best of the festival and one that I got emotionally involved in. The Koreans keep making great films. Every Korean film I have seen so far at FFest has been great. So glad I saw this.
BLANCHE: You wouldn't be able to do these awful things to me if I weren't still in this chair!

BABYJANE: BUT YOU ARE BLANCHE! YOU ARE IN THAT CHAIR!
nagelfar
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by nagelfar »

Soooooo slow at the start.
Fortunately emotionally this movie worked quite well for me. The way everyone treated our "heroine" left me was an icky feeling and explained her later actions well enough. It probably helped, that the last 30min weren't tooooooo serious and had some (I'm sure intentional!) funny scenes in there e.g. the death of "auntie" and "the bean paste sitatuation". Could use some faster pacing and some cuts, especially in the beginning, but was entertaining enough and one of the better "slow burners".
7/10
Wolfshade
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Wolfshade »

Definitely my favourite film of the festival - sad and beautiful. Long film, but it really sucked you in and held you mesmerised for the whole movie. Just awesome.
lisy-babe
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by lisy-babe »

I wasn't really in the right headspace for this at FF. Seeing so many films in such a short space of time while so tired I find it hard to follow the slow burners and prefer the fast and funny slashers.
@lisybabe on Twitter

FYI "Lisy" is pronounced "Lee-see". It's derived from my real name, Lisa.
Scrof the Return
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Scrof the Return »

In my top 5 of this year. The revenge scenes had enormous impact because we'd been waiting so long for them.
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

Thought it was a bit slow going. Once on the the island. Things picked up. Again some uncomfortable viewing at times but the revenges scenes were spot on with some black humour mixed in.
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

soberdave72@hotmail.com wrote:The Cruelty to Bok-wan was incredibly unpleasant, the way the old woman treat her as bad as the men makes it all the worse.

The revenge had me cheering, although the old woman got off far too lightly!
Agreed. Good movie.
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup