Thank You!

The movies of 2010 still live
SatansLeftNut
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Thank You!

Post by SatansLeftNut »

Hi guys!

Just wanted to say here what I didn't get a chance to over the weekend. Thanks to the organisers for putting on such a great festival! This was mine and my girlfriends first Frightfest and it was absolutely amazing, we're definitely coming again in October and money permitting we're going to be making our way up to Glasgow too!

I can't even imagine the amount of work that goes into a festival like this so I just wanted to take the time to thank everybody involved, from Paul, Ian, Alan and Greg, to all the cast and crew who made an appearance especially Kane Hodder, Adam & Joe, the frightfest crew and the crowd who gave the festival a quality atmosphere!

Nice one lads and ladies, roll on October and 2011!
twitter.com/AlexGirling
xBIGJOEx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: Thank You!

Post by xBIGJOEx »

HERE HERE!
I only went for the day but determind to go for the full 5 days next year and will hopefully make the October event.
I met some really nice people (although none from the forum i dont think) and it was great to talk to like minded fans.
I think i saw Suzy (purple hair) and zombina (pink hair) outside but i was on the phone to work (why do they phone on your day off!?!). i was the guy in camo shorts and house by the cemetary t shirt
The films were so well chosen and the event was just ran brilliantly, its obvious the care, love and attention that goes into producing the event and everything that it entails from the programmer, to the ezine, the website and everything else.

Thankyou Frightfest!
You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders, who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese.
AdeBrown
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by AdeBrown »

A great weekend, thanks to the crew for organising it so well and choosing such a diverse bunch of films.

I thought the documentary and panel discussion was a great addition to the programme by the way.
My livejournal Frightfest reports from days gone by (2004 to 2011)
http://surprisetruck.livejournal.com/tag/frightfest
world_of_skin
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by world_of_skin »

xBIGJOEx wrote:HERE HERE!
I only went for the day but determind to go for the full 5 days next year and will hopefully make the October event.
I met some really nice people (although none from the forum i dont think) and it was great to talk to like minded fans.
I think i saw Suzy (purple hair) and zombina (pink hair) outside but i was on the phone to work (why do they phone on your day off!?!). i was the guy in camo shorts and house by the cemetary t shirt
The films were so well chosen and the event was just ran brilliantly, its obvious the care, love and attention that goes into producing the event and everything that it entails from the programmer, to the ezine, the website and everything else.

Thankyou Frightfest!
Joe, didn't spot you :( After mentioning bands to each other in another thread, I was Cannibal-Corpsing it up that day in the hope that you'd spot me! Thinking about it, a picture beforehand would've been a better idea... Oh well, sorry dude, I did keep an eye out for you :( Glad you had fun though, hope to see you at a future event instead.

I failed to meet quite a few forum people who I'd've liked to have spoken to - couldn't get that 'getting to know you' thread to load properly on my phone to re-check faces and, annoyingly, I now know I saw some more forumites, just didn't realise it. Spent lots of time charging around as usual anyways.

Ah well.

Agree with all the complimentary comments - don't know how Alan, Paul and Ian stay sane, I really don't. I think I might've offended Ian slightly last night with a comment about the strain being apparent at times but I just didn't word it very well, sorry! It's always handled so well when things don't go to plan, I just meant that I could appreciate/see the sheer volume of work that goes into it and the pressure that's involved, as well as how the list of hitches seemed to stack up quite a bit this year, but the guys handled it like the true professionals that they are, as always... So, yeah, sorry Ian, wasn't making any sort of comment on your mental state, honest! Just not too good with my words sometimes!
"But what if one of you is the monster?"
"Monster? We're *British*, you know..."
xBIGJOEx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by xBIGJOEx »

no worries world_of_skin i was amazed how many people were there finding specific people would have been tricky without knowing who your looking for (checked out your mates band btw- me likey!)

Hopefully us forumites can arrange a meet up spot at the next event
You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders, who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese.
soberdave72@hotmail.com
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by soberdave72@hotmail.com »

Thanks to Ian,Paul and Alan, and the rest of the frightfest team,

Another exceptional festival, with some truly great films.
brad1000
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by brad1000 »

ummm.........and no complete balls up at all was there ?????

peace
the house shot her !!!
Jekyll
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Jekyll »

A big thank you to all involved, especially as this years seemed to be a lot more problematic than usual.

Roll on next year.
chief brody
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by chief brody »

So another year come and gone, once again Thanks again to the Frightfest boys for all their hard work putting the event together. Nice to see everyone at The Pheonix last night, we could have carried on longer but they closed the bar. Maybe next year we can have an extension and get Paul on the turntables. Nice tribute at the end from Adam and Joe to our dear friend Kevin whos was definately there in spirit all weekend. Heres to October halloween...................Congratulations to Mike and Kimberley on their engagement, wishing you both the very best.
"YOU"RE GONNA NEED A BIGGER BOAT."
Reanimator
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Reanimator »

Another great Frightfest which seemed to go quicker than ever this year.

Lots of thanks to Alan, Paul, Ian and Greg (and all the helpers), for putting on an excellent event as always. The Empire staff were also as helpful as ever.

Looking forward now to the next one!!!!
AndyJWS
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by AndyJWS »

Huge thanks to Ian, Paul, Alan and Greg of course - another brilliant year!

I'd like to add also to the guys and ladies with the Crew T-Shirts were also great, friendly and full of enthusiasm all weekend long, as were the Empire staff too - hope those who were brought down all got back to Glasgow OK!

To all the guests who helped make it too - and special mention to Adam and Joe for spending their time and money making us another great set of Road to Frightfests, it's really appreciated!

And of course not forgetting to Maurice at the Phoenix!
"There is no Good, there is no Evil... There is only flesh..."
satanslittlehelper
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by satanslittlehelper »

A big thank you from me too.

I can't begin to imagine how something like frightfest is put together, the amount of hard work and long days and nights given over to it. Sincerely thanks to all involved from top to bottom. You guys are amazing!
"If you were the only suspect in a senseless bloodbath - would you be standing in the horror section?"
MaxRenn
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by MaxRenn »

Thanks to the organisers, the incredibly polite Empire staff, and the audiences who came and treated the films and the guests with curtesy and respect (including the chap from the BBFC, it showed credit to horror fans that we was greeted with no catcalls or boos).

I'd like to especially thank Prof. Martin Barker from the nasties panel, a man who emerged as a real hero.

This was clearly a more difficult FrightFest than it should have been, but Alan, Greg, Paul and Ian rose above it superbly. Bring on Halloween, Glasgow and FrightFest 2011.
There is no delight the equal of dread

http://twitter.com/MaxRenn

http://letterboxd.com/maxrenn/

Blog: http://www.chrisandphilpresent.co.uk/blogs/spectacularoptical/
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

Yes a massive thank you guys - you have my upmost respect and appreciation. It's been a tough year and I hope things go a little more smoothly for your guys next time.

Excellent job on the guests and the cinema was fantasic and comfortable and some nice little surprises.

I had a wicked weekend. :D :D :D
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
Bigcat
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Bigcat »

Yes, thank you so much, it's really amazing what the organisers pull off each year...i saw for myself what people who go year in and year out told me, that it's a festival that is truly for the fans and not for the media or for celebrity schmoozers like so many other fests these days..

I can imagine it must take the whole year to organise an event that big...and during the five days I bet the organisers don't get any sleep at all...but it's obvious that they love the event and that they really appreciate everyone who attends...

Already looking forward to next year!