Mobile Phones why cant people do with out them?

Have your say on what you would like to see new, changed or just kept the same at the next FrightFest.
Filth87
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Re: Mobile Phones why cant people do with out them?

Post by Filth87 »

i·ro·ny
1    /ˈaɪrəni, ˈaɪər-/ Show Spelled[ahy-ruh-nee, ahy-er-] Show IPA
–noun, plural -nies.

1. The use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend.

:)
Dead girls can't say 'no'!
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

It's something we may not all agree on but it's still requested at FF to switch your phone off and for me by attending surely you agree to follow the rule?

Or am I missing something here

I love to play about on my phone and when i've no one around I know it kills the time as I don't hang round the bar drinking nor will you find me outside smoking (well, not often ahem..)

But when the films on I just love to switch off from that outside world and immerse myself
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
lisy-babe
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by lisy-babe »

On a sort-of related note: Wasn't there an iPhone friendly version of the forum? (Didn't have an iPhone last year.) I promise to only look between films...
@lisybabe on Twitter

FYI "Lisy" is pronounced "Lee-see". It's derived from my real name, Lisa.
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Mobile Phones why cant people do with out them?

Post by daveroughcut »

I use Tap Talk on my iPhone to post here in fact I'm doing it right now
lisy-babe
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by lisy-babe »

Thanking you. Sorted with tapatalk now. At £1.99 it's the most expensive app I've ever bought though!
@lisybabe on Twitter

FYI "Lisy" is pronounced "Lee-see". It's derived from my real name, Lisa.
plushroom
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by plushroom »

I used my phone during breaks to write short film reviews for my friends that weren't there but otherwise it stayed in the bag. Annoyingly people who picked up tickets to single films on the friday (Mainly Tucker & Dale) apparently did not understand to put their damn phones away and I got stuck with a couple in front of me where they both insisted on spending the film checking their flipping blackberry.

So if that was any of you, yes that was me kicking the back of your seat, I hope it made things uncomfortable for you! :twisted:

Seriously no-one is that popular that they can't do without checking their messages for an hour and a half!
Mrs Marriott
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Mrs Marriott »

Grindhouse wrote:who was it that had their phone on yesterday during The Dead,i could hear a txt alert somewhere in the audience and it wasnt from the film.
do we have such a short attention span that we cant do without our phones,please lets keep them all off next year.
I have a teenage son and don't live in London. I always need to be contactable so have mobile on silent and it does not vibrate. Saves me having to switch it on when I have to go o the loo. I do not look at he phone while I am in the vowing part of the cinema.
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

Correct and i'm sure no one has an issue with that, I do it myself but i'm not there to spoil anyones fun.

I've heard we are having the Orange sniffer dogs and body scanners at this years event anyway
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
Wiltaim
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Wiltaim »

I have a very simple view, you either want to watch the film or have something better to do; in which case don't buy a ticket or enter the theatre.
There is festival here in Belgium (BIFFF) which I only attend if I really really want to the film as is dogged by idiots howling the moon(on screen) & shouting out in French because they think it is funny...... frankly that is my idea of Horror!
The crowd even force on stage guests to sing - ask Jake West haha

I'm generallly happy FFesters
Twitter: @Rowdoc
Letterboxd: Rowdoc
Entropia Universe : Rowdoc Rowdoc Donner
anoy yin barsted
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by anoy yin barsted »

This isn't open to debate- mobile phones shouldn't be used in the cinema, ever. We're not children.

The Empire has a lovely foyer where calls can be made or taken. And you can even send a text from there too!

Mind you, texting is the least of it. I went to see Ted the other morning in CW. The auditorium was half full, and a young couple sat a couple of rows in front of me. Halfway through the film, she actually began to m*sterb*te him. I was quite shocked and disgusted. There was some half hearted attempt to conceal the deed with a denim jacket, but it was quite clear to the patrons what was going on.

This continued for some time, so I tried to ignore it and concentrate on the hilarious on-screen antics of Mark Whalberg. However, it all got a bit much for one viewer at the back, who angrily shouted out, 'OI! WILL YOU PAIR STOP W*NKING DOWN THERE???'

To my surprise, the fiddling stopped immediately, and the shame-faced couple even hurriedly left the screen (to a lone, mocking wolf whistle- possibly from the guy at the back who had shouted).

Chalk it up to a victory for the real film fans.
Fred Krueger! He's inside me, and he wants to take me again!
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

What a fabulous story, at least sit at the back lol
Wulfster
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Wulfster »

Why would you bang-one-out to "Ted" though?

I mean, I'm totally in love/lust with Mila Kunis, and I'm sure there are people who feel the same way about Marky Mark, but, I mean, honestly ....

Pity the clean-up crew after the screening ... :shock:
BabyJaneHudson
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by BabyJaneHudson »

I'd like to go into some armchair psychological analysis of the modern day dependency some people seem to experience with gadgets such as the mobile phone, but in brief, the reason why people cannot do without them for any length of time is because they are

SAD C**NTS :-
BLANCHE: You wouldn't be able to do these awful things to me if I weren't still in this chair!

BABYJANE: BUT YOU ARE BLANCHE! YOU ARE IN THAT CHAIR!