Fright Night - 3D

Pick at the bones of 2011's films
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Fright Night - 3D

Post by jonbly »

7/10 - A pretty good movie damaged badly by a 3D release. The dimly lit scenes which dominate this film just don't work in 3D, and the 'firefly' effects just look tacky & artificial (though the first is a very effective shock moment).

Balance seems to be helped by a stronger horror orientation in this remake.
Meanbobs
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Fright Night - 3D

Post by Meanbobs »

I thought this was an unnecessary remake with no reason for 3D whatsoever. I took the glasses off just so I could see the darker stuff.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
tentacles
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by tentacles »

3D had absolutely no point - the same as practically with all other horror 3D releases so far...
Dom
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Dom »

Very entertaining, the 3D didn't add any bite to it. (see what I did there? Thank you I'm here all week)
Uzumaki
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Uzumaki »

Thought it was OK but the 3D was shite. Final Destination was a great yardstick for 3D, if you're gonna do one use the fucking third dimension, make me duck out of the way of things and coo over the special effects otherwise all you've done is make a murky film for more money than it would have otherwise cost
xBIGJOEx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by xBIGJOEx »

enertaining and fun enough but not much else to say
There is a lot of talk of DT "stealing the show" but i think a lot of that was just him saying "uck" alot
6/10
You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders, who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese.
Pumpkin
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Pumpkin »

I think DT was simply channelling Russel Brand, wasn't he? ;)
I quite enjoyed it but i think it just emphasises how depressing it is that it's remakes like that that Hollywood is still ploughing money in to, rather than the some of the other talented films/film makers we see in a weekend like Frightfest.
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

One of the very worst of the recent run of remakes and "reboots".

Take a terrific original film, strip out all the charm, all the atmosphere, all the character development.... and present it all in poor-quality 3-D.

In the original, the demise of Evil Ed is heartbreaking. Jerry Dandridge is a sinister, glamorous figure - here he's just a charmless builder in a T-shirt (who thought that was a good idea?). I don't even know where to begin comparing Roddy McDowall's Peter Vincent with David Tennant's...

Why is there no build-up? Just launches straight in to "your neighbour's a vampire". It's not like they were making room for any interesting new plot angles.

Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap.
Oswald Cobblepot
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Oswald Cobblepot »

Dreadful

I honestly thought there were some reels missing at the beginning. Nothing happened (except endless shitty dialogue) for half an hour then out of the blue Evil Ed tells Charlie that his neighbour is a vampire, is converted 2 minutes later then vanishes for an hour.

Systematically and pointlessly ruined everything good about the original then added rubbish characters, a pointless car chase, and that awful scene where Jerry digs up the gas line.

This is the epitomy of everything that was discussed about lazy bad remakes in the round table with Larry Fessenden the day before.

Totally worthless and without merit.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

3D is pointless for this film and in general.

Aside from that I only saw the original when it first came so I can't and won't do a direct comparison.

It was entertaining enough but Chris Sarandon's cameo was the only thing of any memorable note and only that is from a film geek perspective.
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Maniacal »

The 3D in this film is pointless and a let down at the same time, the movie itself was a good bit of fun. It doesn't add anything to the Original movie nor does it take anything away from it either.

Twitter: _grimgringhost
Facebook: Maniacal2011
pauluspink
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by pauluspink »

Shame the cast didn't turn up for the screening, got to thank Big Brother for that!!!

Did anyone see Anton Yelchin/Christopher Mintz-Plasse at the Apple Store in Regents Street tonight?
I do Special Make-Up Effects & Prosthetics (SFX): Graphic Delusions: Facebook Page
nagelfar
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by nagelfar »

The 3D was utterly pointless but the movie itself quite entertaining, popcorn and beer for anyone and you are good to go. Much needed respite between all the ultra violent and/or ultra drama and/or suspense/thriller stuff.
Reanimator
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Reanimator »

Slow to start but got going after about half an hour and then was pretty good and entertaining - better than I had expected and worth watching
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

The words "3D remake" normally inspire terror in themselves, but this turned out better than I thought. A good balance of horror and humour and I felt the stars were reasonably well used. I thought some of the CGI was ropey in places. 7.5 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.