Chillerama

Pick at the bones of 2011's films
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Chillerama

Post by jonbly »

4/10 - This was just a ... mess. Four messes. Best was Anna, and that wasn't great.
Dom
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Chillerama

Post by Dom »

It had it's moments. Deathication was the best bit. Has the 'grindhouse' fetish finally finished? The style of films being parodied never set out to be terrible. The directors of things like Nazi Sex Camp 27 and Violent Shit (got to see that one) felt they were making Citizen Kane and put everything into it. The Wicker Man & Don't Look Now was the kind of double feature you'd get back in the day.
djwoody
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by djwoody »

Wanted to like this as Adam & Joe are such nice guys and do loads for FrightFest but it was just rubbish and not funny. No wonder the Germans liked it so much!
Pumpkin
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Pumpkin »

I like this for what it is, gross out, silly trailer trash horror. Plus i got to see some Kane Hodder so I am all good ;)
AdeBrown
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by AdeBrown »

I loved it: late night, (small) bottle of JD, frightfest crowd, a series of film pastiches* done with affection and fun.

(I'll go for Mel Brooks, John Waters, David Cronenberg and George Romero.)
My livejournal Frightfest reports from days gone by (2004 to 2011)
http://surprisetruck.livejournal.com/tag/frightfest
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

I thought it was perfect late night trash.

Over long but entertaining.
morralex
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by morralex »

not funny and too long. same goes for me, wanted to watch it because green and lynch always great guests and wanted to support what they were doing. their sections were the best bits but it was a bad film. wish i had skipped it and got up early next morning for kidnapped.
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Maniacal »

As much as I LOVE Joes and Adams enthusiasm for horror and the festival I found this movie abysmal, the comedy felt so forced and silly.

Twitter: _grimgringhost
Facebook: Maniacal2011
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

djwoody wrote:Wanted to like this as Adam & Joe are such nice guys and do loads for FrightFest but it was just rubbish and not funny. No wonder the Germans liked it so much!

My thoughts exactly. I kind of feel mean cause what great guys but honestly......

Diary of Anne Frankenstein was pretty funny but had seen that bit before - cock / jizz / shit jokes dont really interest me much.

I would have much much rather have seen Knights of Badassdom and cannot wait for it - looks like a good subject matter to me and loved the preview stuff we saw for it.
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

I thought it was overlong and only enjoyed the rampaging sperm one. I kept noddng off during the film.
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
DavieT
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by DavieT »

OK for a late night slot - the best for me was Anne Frankenstein but even that wasnt bust-a-gut funny. :)
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

Really enjoyed it, didn't like Wadzilla but even that had it's funny moments... Anne and Werebears were my faves but Joe threw in so many classic references that I just had to love it!

It's not for everyone and the fact that some hate came Adam and Joe's way because of the short really surprised me when I heard about it. Once again the Poltically correct crowd try to pop their moral outrage stamp on something that was made to be outrageous whilst they hug the poor poor misunderstood rioters and looters :lol:
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
iateabee
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by iateabee »

Eh, I skipped this one as I ended up walking out of the Anne Frankenstein preview last year. I wasn't offended by it (I enjoy stuff that's way more offensive than that) but I find Nazis boring and really, really hate musicals—so having to listen to a comedy Adolf sing in made up German-y gibberish was pretty excruciating. I have no problem with other people enjoying it, but it made me want to claw my face off.
itchysore
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by itchysore »

Bit too "Troma" for me but was kinda fun and did get quite a few belly laughs.

As everyone else has put, wanted to like it more on account of them being such nice dudes.
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Chillerama

Post by daveroughcut »

I thought Adam and Joes segments (not THAT Adam and Joe) were good enough but Wadzilla and Werebear were awful.