Deadheads

Pick at the bones of 2011's films
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Deadheads

Post by jonbly »

7/10 - started out really well, but started to drag a bit as it moved away from the opening premise - should have kept the 'hero' anti-zombie all the way through, and played him completely straight. But all the wacky buddy-zombie-roadtrip stuff worked well.
Jekyll
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: Deadheads

Post by Jekyll »

Found this dull, dull, dull.

Only film I actually walked out of this year, gave it well over an hour but it just really bored me.
bernal316
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by bernal316 »

Awful awful film :(

Not one single character in the movie was in in anyway indeering to me and 'cheese' must rank as one of the most pointless, humourless and ultimatly annoying on-screen characters ever. By far the worst film of the festival ( closely followed by the wicker tree!!).
Meanbobs
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Meanbobs »

I thought this was quite an admirable effort at delivering on it's promise of a low-key romantic road movie. It was aware of it's limitations and used it's resources well. I think it tried to throw in a few too many self-indulgent, knowing asides that didn't really pay off, but apart from that it was quite "nice". Nowhere close to being the worst of the fest for me. I thought its entertainment was easily on par with many of the larger-budget, incestually promoted offerings.
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Maniacal »

I found this to be truely awful, the comedy felt so forced and was really stupid in places.

Twitter: _grimgringhost
Facebook: Maniacal2011
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

I was expecting more positive reactions to this one, although I wasn't particularly keen on it myself.

It was "pleasant" enough viewing, but to be honest you could've totally removed the zombie aspect and had a rom-com road movie about a guy whose girlfriend's father didn't approve of him.
Reanimator
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Reanimator »

Found this to be pretty dull although it picked up a bit towards the end
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

This one I really enjoyed. Nicely paced and made me a chuckle at times. Zombie story with a differance. Able to reattach chopped off limbs. A bit of zombie and human love story. A sidekick called Cheese!
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
Wolfshade
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Wolfshade »

Token "goofy American romantic zombie comedy" of the fest....there's always one isn't there?!

It was watchable I guess, but I really don't like this kind of movie at all.
Darkly Noon
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Darkly Noon »

This was a bit too lightweight to really hold my attention (iffy sound and variable performances didn't help either), but I'll give it this... that Vagina Monologues line might be the funniest thing I heard all weekend.
elly_0
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by elly_0 »

This movie was a bit too rom com for me; and there wasn't a lot of comedy at that. Not the worst film of the fest but I found it boring
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

I liked it but it did need to be tightened a little bit more to bring it together. The guys were awesome and Mr Cheese even came to my row to say hello :)

Direction was pretty solid for a debut feature and I think, given the right material these guys could really do something. Acting was great it just needed a trim here and there. I think it also faced stiff competition in its monday slot from features with higher production values, woulda faired better on the Saturday with festival goers me thinks :)
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
itchysore
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by itchysore »

had a few funny moments but its ideas got boring fast
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Deadheads

Post by daveroughcut »

My last film of the fest as I ended up in the pub with the Deadheads gang. I liked the change of pace and it made me smile.
bnny666
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by bnny666 »

Darkly Noon wrote:This was a bit too lightweight to really hold my attention (iffy sound and variable performances didn't help either), but I'll give it this... that Vagina Monologues line might be the funniest thing I heard all weekend.
I have to agree with you Darkly Noon it was one of the funniest lines of the weekend! Overall though, I didn't laugh as much as I think I was supposed to. I would give it 5/10.
"Look at your reflection in the mirror. You're a creature of the night Michael, just like out of a comic book! You're a vampire Michael! My own brother, a goddamn, shit-sucking vampire. You wait 'till mom finds out, buddy!"

t: @moomin_sez