Post by brad1000 »

why is no one loving this movie????
the house shot her !!!
morralex
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: Kidnapped

Post by morralex »

i didnt see it. so wish i had bailed on chillerama and got up to see it. missed out big time i think
Wolfshade
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Wolfshade »

It clashed with 2 of the best films of the fest - Tucker & Dale and The Divide, so I guess most people opted for the main screen, will check it out some time though.
brad1000
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by brad1000 »

real shame. best movie all weekend by a country mile. "tucker and dale...against lame jokes" will look better on D.V.D. "Kidnapped" wont. Cinematically head and shoulders above anything else shown the split-screen joining scene deserves its place along side the children of men car scene and the stadium scene from the secrets in their eyes.The fact that this was tucked away on the discovery screen and the utter scabby gibbons dick sore puss that was "Inbred"(yes you can put that on the poster) showed on the main screen was disgraceful.
the house shot her !!!
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

Bleak, disturbing, powerful and realistic take on the home invasion subgenre. I enjoyed the 'Mother's Day' remake, but this comfortably surpasses that. Reminded me a little of 'Irreversible' in its unrelenting bleakness and also one particular scene. Films rarely capture intensity and brutality so realistically and so well. 9 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
morralex
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by morralex »

dont say these things people. im disappointed with my laziness :(
brad1000
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by brad1000 »

i wont mention the other use of split screen that reflected the action back at its self like an extra film dimension then....really was superb
the house shot her !!!
nagelfar
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by nagelfar »

Loved it, my highlight of the festival. While the story was "ok" the visual style was just captivating. Too bad this was only shown on Discovery Screen while turds like A Night in the Woods where on the Big Screen.
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Kidnapped

Post by daveroughcut »

I really feel we've been done not having this on the main screen. It's a right kick in the stomach and a superb execution of cinematic brillance. It's a contender for film of the year for me.
brad1000
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by brad1000 »

its my film of the year so far ..............why did it not play the main screen ???
the house shot her !!!
iateabee
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by iateabee »

I guess I'll have to seek this out when it gets released on DVD!
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Does anyone know when this is out on DVD/Blu. My number one film at frightfest 2011. Awesome.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
brad1000
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by brad1000 »

here you go mate...... awesome film http://www.diabolikdvd.com/category/Pre ... on-1).html
the house shot her !!!
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Thanks Brad. Looks like its out on Region one in November.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Just got to see this at grimmfest (is that a dirty word round these parts?) as I did choose the main screen both times this was shown at Frightfest.

Funnily enough my complaint about 'The Divide' was it wasn't bleak enough - this on the other hand was pitched perfectly and the effects and the long shots were great.

Oddly, because of the atmosphere in the Manchester cinema last night, I longed for having watched it in the Discovery screen - some couple were loud throughout most of it - but, also oddly, when they shut up and stopped moving you realised that they were actually gripped by a film they didn't seem all that bothered by.

And I agree, this was far, far better than that piece of shit 'Inbred' but then again, an actual piece of shit has more thought and effort go into in than 'Inbred' did.

Yes, Kidnapped was very good, intense and even if this seems like a death nail of a word - highly interesting.