London 2012 Accommodation

The rotting remains of 2012's festival
horrorkid78
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Re: London 2012 Accommodation

Post by horrorkid78 »

I booked High Hollburn Halls in November, nothing stops me from watching horror films at frightfest not even the stupid olympics,

saying that I would love to go and watch a horror olympics

horrorkid78
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

That would be messy!

I did manage to win the zombie olympics back in 2009!
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
horrorkid78
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by horrorkid78 »

wow the zombie olympics, that must have been awesome
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

To be honest it was not as good as the previous Zombie Walk, but I did manage to get "professional" make-up done just before the event. There was a load of Zombies walking around the square on the day. But only about six people did the olympics so the odds were in my favour.
Face-Friend me to view pics.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
Bearded Avenger
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Bearded Avenger »

I just look at High Hoborn and there is no problem with booking a room. However they are requesting a full payment up frony, they've presumably been stung by the very low deposits which they used to charge.
Wiltaim
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Wiltaim »

Saw the HHH price has gone up in the last week, sadly I booked a higher price but at least my acommodation & Eurstar is booked :)
Twitter: @Rowdoc
Letterboxd: Rowdoc
Entropia Universe : Rowdoc Rowdoc Donner
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

HHH has got ridiculous in price this year for what is essentially a hard bed in a scabby room with a cold breakfast. The only thing thing that swings it is the location and safety factor that everyone heads back as a group.
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
ArghZombies
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by ArghZombies »

Couldn't get any double / twin rooms at HHH this year, there are only single ones available (at considerably more than last year too, which is nice).

I've gone for another LSE hall this time though: http://www.lsevacations.co.uk/residence ... unders.htm it's about 1 mile from Leicester Square, so still just about walkable in the morning (but I'm sure I'll get lazy and just get the tube from Goodge St. instead). Plenty of twin/double rooms but very few singles remaining at this moment in time.

Four nights in a twin / double was £236. The single rooms are £176 for four nights too (Thursday - Sunday, checkout Monday - going to crash at a mates on the Monday night to save money I think - not that he knows this yet).

I've not heard any reviews from FF'ers about that place, assume it's still the same kind of deal as HHH - basic scummy rooms and some cold breakfasts to help yourself to.
Twitter: @ArghZombies
corpsekid
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by corpsekid »

The LSE have jacked the price up by £20 a night for the sat/sun/mon due to the special olympics starting that week. Thursday and friday cost the same as last year, have a feeling (well optimistic hope) that the prices will drop back to normal in 2013.

I shouldn't be saying this as I haven't booked yet, but some of the other schools are keeping their summer accommodation at the normal price, you just need to be willing to walk a little further. Rooms can still be had for 35-50 quid if your willing to walk a mile or two. There is a bunch by Russel Square and up by Euston as well.
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

I stayed in one in Angel a few years back, that was ok but its a ten min bus ride each day
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
Bearded Avenger
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Bearded Avenger »

Have booked High Holborn again - occured to me that the £16 more per night is very little considering what you'd have to pay at most hotels in London. Considered Northumberland House, but am not that bothered about having an en suite to pay over £300.
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

Got to love HHH, no matter how bad it is we all go back again the following year
dangerous_jamie
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by dangerous_jamie »

Just a note; Don't keep any valuables in your room at HHH. A few years ago, my laptop was stolen after the cleaner forgot to lock my door.
Beauty is in the eye of the tiger.
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

Sure it wasn't the cleaner?
TotenEngel
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by TotenEngel »

ok, so HHH have just quoted me £344 for hubby and I for the 4 nights, sure we paid just over £100 last year. That plus tickets puts us at nearly £700... *sigh* debating if we just skip this year and go abroad for a week or two with the money instead!!
Anyone managed to get a decent price on accommodation anywhere?