Goodie Bags

The rotting remains of 2012's festival
Wiltaim
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Goodie Bags

Post by Wiltaim »

I see it bonus to get a goodie bag, plus the bag comes in very useful ; I have used the Kill list one for work ever since getting it.
Twitter: @Rowdoc
Letterboxd: Rowdoc
Entropia Universe : Rowdoc Rowdoc Donner
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Snap. Any and the lanyard too.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

TheDukeAbides wrote:I'm still unsure who each cinema reacts these days to people bringing in their own stuff - but I assume it is more relaxed that a single screening.
I believe Cineworld reserve the right not to let you in if you've brought food from outside. However, they don't have any problem with people bringing in mobile phones and texting their way through the movie like gurgling dumbasses.
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

streetrw wrote:
TheDukeAbides wrote:I'm still unsure who each cinema reacts these days to people bringing in their own stuff - but I assume it is more relaxed that a single screening.
I believe Cineworld reserve the right not to let you in if you've brought food from outside. However, they don't have any problem with people bringing in mobile phones and texting their way through the movie like gurgling dumbasses.
I think the sentence you quoted from me is one of the poorest I've written in my life - typing to fast and always getting my who/how confused along with my that/than.

But come now, Cineworld have a very nice 'please turn off your phones' trailer before their screenings, surely no human will disobey them?

They also insist there is 'time to grab a coke' 1 minute before the film - unless they are talking about a line I've never seen a confectionary stand in any cinema move that fast - which is why I'm seldom in them.
bump3r1
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by bump3r1 »

I always thought there was some sort of health & safety thing with the fest that u were allowed to take in ur own food & drink due to the amount of time spent in the cinema. I personally have never had an issue taking in Chinese in a box, biscuits etc...
You think darkness is your ally but you have merely adopted the dark, i was born in it!!

Welcome to prime time, bitch!!

Craig Beecham - Facebook.
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

streetrw wrote: I believe Cineworld reserve the right not to let you in if you've brought food from outside. However, they don't have any problem with people bringing in mobile phones and texting their way through the movie like gurgling dumbasses.
Cineworld have never stopped me bringing my own food and drink but theres a difference between a bottle of pop and a bag of sweets or bringing in a whopper meal from Burger King. Either that or the staff aren't bothered. Always seem pretty relaxed about it and only ever had a bag check once in 15 months of going there.
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

TheDukeAbides wrote:
But come now, Cineworld have a very nice 'please turn off your phones' trailer before their screenings, surely no human will disobey them?
Maybe i'm lucky but pretty much everything i've seen at CW people have behaved and not created a nuisance but i also tend to give films a few days or weeks after release until every man and his dog has had the chance to see it and that 10am screening on Sunday morning is my own.
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

They never said anything when I bought Costa Coffee inside... but what can say when their own coffee machines were broke for entire month? :P
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

I'd be surprised if they did
johanger
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by johanger »

I like the bags - it's somewhere to keep my ticket and brochure when I'm done. But I agree that last year the DVD where unevenly distributed.

As for food. I've not had a problem, but I reckon that really smelly food would cause a problem. Rumour also has it that the empire has a licence for the consumption of booze in the screen so, again within reason, you can drink during grabbers! Drinking game anyone?!? Given the time constraints between movies, it's reasonable to take snacks/sandwiches in for between films, just finish them before the action starts and you have to turn your phone off :D
Wiltaim
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Wiltaim »

This year's bag is looking good :D
Twitter: @Rowdoc
Letterboxd: Rowdoc
Entropia Universe : Rowdoc Rowdoc Donner
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

Indeed. :)
Wulfster
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Wulfster »

I like it very much. :)
It looks very sturdy and cool.

My only concern is what the non-film-savvy general public around Leicester Square may think, when they see hordes of us lugging around bags with the word "sinister" embossed on it. :shock:

Might as well wear a top hat, a cloak, and a gladstone bag with "Jack T.Ripper" on the side ... :mrgreen:
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

Wulfster wrote:Might as well wear a top hat, a cloak, and a gladstone bag with "Jack T.Ripper" on the side ... :mrgreen:
Not a bad idea for next year's goodie bag. :lol:
The180Curse
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by The180Curse »

Wulfster wrote:I like it very much. :)
It looks very sturdy and cool.

My only concern is what the non-film-savvy general public around Leicester Square may think, when they see hordes of us lugging around bags with the word "sinister" embossed on it. :shock:

Might as well wear a top hat, a cloak, and a gladstone bag with "Jack T.Ripper" on the side ... :mrgreen:
Not as omnious as last years 'Kill List' bag with the cult symbol on it. Living out of that bag since last August naturally introduced me to some funny looks...especially traveling to and from Thailand...