V/H/S

The rotting remains of 2012's festival
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Re: V/H/S

Post by zappa fan »

Loved this one. Creepy in places. Well worth a 2nd viewing. I wonder if it'll come out on BetaMax too?
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
powerpopkid
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by powerpopkid »

V/H/S is out on Bluray/DVD in the USA in a few weeks I believe :D
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

V/H/S 2 has been announced.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
stshaw
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by stshaw »

powerpopkid wrote:V/H/S is out on Bluray/DVD in the USA in a few weeks I believe :D
And already released in Germany. I picked up the Bluray on my way home from work on Friday.
ZombieRandm
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by ZombieRandm »

A haiku review...

five house breakers and,
A long dead man in a chair?
Horror film engage!

The horror story anthology format has delivered some strong films over the years, with pieces such as Creepshow and Black Sabbath making my list of Top 50 Horror movies. Given some of the blog coverage before release I’d been hoping for something that hit the high points of a Black Sabbath. There were certainly some amazing touches, at one point there is a panicked flight from a possessed house which reconfigures itself to hamper the escapees that has to be one of the best executed scenes I’ve seen in a flick. On the whole however, I was left a little disappointed; the interstitial story of hoodlums ransacking a dead man’s house was tepid and didn’t suit the chosen found footage format, with the first and last stories which were noticeably stronger, bookending much poorer efforts from Ti West and Glenn McQuaid. Its a shame as the lead in showing a bar crawl gone wrong worked superbly, if all the sections were of this calibre the film would be a corker.

As horror mix-tapes go, you may want to fast forward through the middle section. I’m giving this an-unfortunately-average-but-definitely-check-out-the-bookends no thumbs up.

My original review... http://shapejam.com/blog/haiku-revu-vhs/
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Currently on Shudder.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey