Halloween All Nighter

If FF13 wasn't enough, there was always the All Nighter
stshaw
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Halloween All Nighter

Post by stshaw »

Nay body able to confirm the dates for the all nighter? October was mentioned from the stage so I assume 26th-27th October.
BigWillyStephenson
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Re: Halloween All Nighter

Post by BigWillyStephenson »

stshaw wrote:Nay body able to confirm the dates for the all nighter? October was mentioned from the stage so I assume 26th-27th October.

I believe it is Oct 27th and i'll definitely be there.
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

What films are you hoping for?

Me -

Dracula 3D (might be my only chance to see it in 3D)
ABC's of Death
The Lords of Salem
You're Next
Wolfshade
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Wolfshade »

sherbetbizarre wrote:What films are you hoping for?
Better ones than last year.

The line ups for the all nighter have been getting worse since the excellent line up in 2007, last year's line up was pretty dire - Livid was good, but when there were 3 of the worst films I've ever seen (Bad Meat, HC2, The Watermen) in a 6 film line up, things are getting pretty desperate. Still looking forward to it though, as all night horror marathons are always fun.

You're Next looks good, but I'd rather not see Drac 3D or Rob Zombie's latest abomination.
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

How about Pascal Laugier's The Tall Man?
MaxRenn
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by MaxRenn »

Didn't we get a big hint about a certain Shark based S.H.O.P.P.I.N.G movie being on ;)
There is no delight the equal of dread

http://twitter.com/MaxRenn

http://letterboxd.com/maxrenn/

Blog: http://www.chrisandphilpresent.co.uk/blogs/spectacularoptical/
bump3r1
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by bump3r1 »

Yeah i spoke to one of the organisers whilst chilling in the lobby (following my walk out from hidden in the woods) and they said Bait 3D is pretty much nailed on for the allnighter, which i'm happy about.

I'm not going to spoil the tall man for anyone but if the organisers view the films first they won't be showing it. You're next will hopefully be there, i'm also kinda game for lords of salem - something hypnotic about RZ films, Halloween 2 isn't great but i've watched it more times than films i adore.

What about the devils carnival? - that could be another.
You think darkness is your ally but you have merely adopted the dark, i was born in it!!

Welcome to prime time, bitch!!

Craig Beecham - Facebook.
chary
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by chary »

Hi, do you know if you can buy individual tickets for each movie? I've never been to the all-nighter cause I know I'll sleep through half of it, which is sad really cause I suffer from insomnia, but never when I need it
MaxRenn
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Halloween All Nighter

Post by MaxRenn »

The all nighter has always been an all in deal
There is no delight the equal of dread

http://twitter.com/MaxRenn

http://letterboxd.com/maxrenn/

Blog: http://www.chrisandphilpresent.co.uk/blogs/spectacularoptical/
Wolfshade
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Wolfshade »

chary wrote:Hi, do you know if you can buy individual tickets for each movie? I've never been to the all-nighter cause I know I'll sleep through half of it, which is sad really cause I suffer from insomnia, but never when I need it
It's only tickets for the whole thing for exactly that reason - if individual tickets were available all the early films would sell out immediately and no one would bother with the 4am showings. Plus the cinema isn't that big, and having large portions of it potentially unsold wouldn't make financial sense.

Just get a good night sleep the night before and take plenty of pro plus with you on the day!
chary
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by chary »

thanks for all the replies,

might just get the ticket and watch a double bill....or bring a sleeping bag
chary
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by chary »

It's only tickets for the whole thing for exactly that reason - if individual tickets were available all the early films would sell out immediately and no one would bother with the 4am showings. Plus the cinema isn't that big, and having large portions of it potentially unsold wouldn't make financial sense.
if it was a question of money, one thing they could do to even it out would be to charge more money for tickets earlier in the night, then as the night progressed charge successively less for each movie, or pay for two movies and get the 4.00am for free.
I wonder if vue actually make any money from hosting the all-nighter, they have to keep the whole thing open, pay overtime, I suppose they sell a lot of red bull between movies
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by jonbly »

Any word on the not-quite-Halloween Bristol re-run?
stshaw
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by stshaw »

No. But it looks like they will re-run the films in 5 cities this year on the weekend of 2nd November. I did attend the Bristol event last year - the attendance was rather disappointing. I have booked flights and hotel for London this year, fingers crossed I can actually get a ticket.
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by jonbly »

stshaw wrote:No. But it looks like they will re-run the films in 5 cities this year on the weekend of 2nd November. I did attend the Bristol event last year - the attendance was rather disappointing.
As did jonbly. The smallish screen seemed pretty full...