The Inside

The rotting remains of 2012's festival
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

The Inside

Post by Alex J »

A decent first time movie on a shoestring budget, set in the found footage subgenre. Whilst there is little new here, I found the cinematography of the wraparound story intriguing, as this seemed to have an early '80s style which made an interesting contrast to the camcorder footage of the main storyline. A few things bugged me (e.g. occasionally people do stupid things), but overall the story, good suspense sequences and a great location make this worth a look. 7.5 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
Wolfshade
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Re: The Inside

Post by Wolfshade »

Very effective for such a low budget movie, very horrific and unnerving, you're actually concerned about the girls and appalled at their ordeal, you genuinely do feel for the characters I found, unlike in Hidden In The Woods. Shaky hand held camera stuff is always annoying, but here it actually worked ok, and mirrored the frantic terror of the girls. The only let down was the dragged out ending with the guy finding the camera, it really should have ended when the girl dropped the camera.

Not original, and a very nasty and gritty subject, but a good effort all the same.
Scrof the Return
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Scrof the Return »

Worst film of the festival for me by a long way. One of the worst "found footage" movies with a final 20 minutes of a girl running around in the dark gasping. Truly unwatchable. Sir Gawaine should stick to his acting day job. 2 / 10
MaxRenn
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

The Inside

Post by MaxRenn »

I didn't think it possible for a found footage horror film to be worse than The Tapes, but The Inside more than succeeded
There is no delight the equal of dread

http://twitter.com/MaxRenn

http://letterboxd.com/maxrenn/

Blog: http://www.chrisandphilpresent.co.uk/blogs/spectacularoptical/
gazadams
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by gazadams »

Dont really like the found footage . But quite enjoyed it . Thought it got a bit boring near the end though with all the running around the corridors . When they do that to create tension trouble is you can never see whats going on .
stshaw
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by stshaw »

Exciting, fantastic, stupendous, excellent, superb, brilliant,original - all adjectives that don't apply to this film. By far the worst film I have seen all year. Dull, unoriginal, derivative, terrible - and the film makers knew it which is why they tried to add some weight to the film with the titles about kidnapping, murder and crime reporting at the beginning.
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Currently on Filmzie
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey