lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

FF Glasgow 2013

Post by lupogirl »

Hi,

One for the FF boys

Just want to check something.

In the coming weeks will be starting to book hotel and train.

What time is the first film on Friday ? I know last year first film was 1.30.

Want to avoid missing anything.

ta

D
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Re: FF Glasgow 2013

Post by iomega »

D,

Yes about a similar time, but perhaps a little earlier. Lots still in the mix.

Ian
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

The films and guest list for FrightFest's annual trip North of the border to Glasgow for our two day extravaganza of fear and gore will be announced first thing on 17th January 2013. Tickets will be on sale from 9 am the same day. A two day pass this year will cost £66. Please note that seats this year will be allocated to avoid some of the seating issues experienced February past. The line up was locked last week and is very strong with a new innovative programming idea.
alphatyrant
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by alphatyrant »

What are the exact dates for the FF in Glasgow? Just want to make sure I have the right weekend booked.
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

From Facebook -
22nd & 23rd Feb
1.00 pm start
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2361328675/?fref=ts
Wiltaim
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Wiltaim »

How are Glasgow tickets sold ? online or over the phone?
Twitter: @Rowdoc
Letterboxd: Rowdoc
Entropia Universe : Rowdoc Rowdoc Donner
Wiltaim
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Wiltaim »

How are Glasgow tickets sold ? online or over the phone?
Twitter: @Rowdoc
Letterboxd: Rowdoc
Entropia Universe : Rowdoc Rowdoc Donner
alphatyrant
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by alphatyrant »

Thanks Sherbet, actually opened my eyes after I'd posted and found the dates so good news. Now to find somewhere that's not a shithole to stay for a few nights....tempted to break the bank and stay in the Thistle, just have no idea if it's any cop or not.
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Try here ..http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Revi ... tland.html think its the right one.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
SonicRatLord
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat
Location: Watching you from a sewer... or a drain... or just watching you

Post by SonicRatLord »

I thought it was going to be three days this year instead of two....
Well after suffering the movie about the dinosaurs i should not be thinking of going but hey I am a glutton for punishment. Also what could be more horrifying than Glasgow in February? Oh there is a huge Travelodge skyscrapper opened up near Buchanan Street bus station...if anyone needs a budget hotel....
I am watching Dark Floors tonight after I found out Lordi were in it... I bet it is really good....
SonicRatLord
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat
Location: Watching you from a sewer... or a drain... or just watching you

Post by SonicRatLord »

alphatyrant wrote:Thanks Sherbet, actually opened my eyes after I'd posted and found the dates so good news. Now to find somewhere that's not a shithole to stay for a few nights....tempted to break the bank and stay in the Thistle, just have no idea if it's any cop or not.
Try the travelodge.premierinn it is within walking distance of the GFT.... I think it is in West Nile Street....
go to the Thistle by all means but I think you will find the £14 a breakfast a bit steep
MBarr
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by MBarr »

I work for GFT and this evening we had a staff meeting (with free bar after!) about the upcoming Glasgow Film Festival...(I KNOW the line up) all I can say about FF Glasgow?
The Line up is INCREDIBLE....great movies, great guests...you will NOT believe what the guys have in store for you this year! (of course I could not say what/whom)...trust me you WILL like, all I can say (and hope the guid chaps @ FF will not shoot me down!) you will have a VERY special guest!!....
alphatyrant
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by alphatyrant »

Well, I was already looking forward to it, but damn you I'm REALLY looking forward to it now :twisted: :)
alphatyrant
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by alphatyrant »

SonicRatLord wrote:I thought it was going to be three days this year instead of two....
Well after suffering the movie about the dinosaurs i should not be thinking of going but hey I am a glutton for punishment. Also what could be more horrifying than Glasgow in February? Oh there is a huge Travelodge skyscrapper opened up near Buchanan Street bus station...if anyone needs a budget hotel....
I am watching Dark Floors tonight after I found out Lordi were in it... I bet it is really good....
They did suggest a possible 2 and a half to 3 day event but it was just to test opinion sadly, I've only been twice but 2011 was half Friday all day Saturday and 2012 was upped to all day Friday and Saturday. I didn't think I'd be lucky enough for it to get upped again. My major concern is the price hike by £10 for the all movie pass but we did get 11 features last year so VFM I'd say.
MBarr
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by MBarr »

Sorry for my overuse of CAPS In my last post (was drunk & excited!). the whole allocated seats thing works better for you guys & truth be told actually leaves more work for us @ GFT (we are volunteers not paid staff) although what you guys want is more important (as the FF organizers) it is YOU who make the festival (and we will adapt in minutes!). We are just like everyone here, genre fans that do a job we love and (hopefully) you will enjoy your time @ GFT/Frightfest too, every year the FF team strive to make each year better (as we do) and this year I think it's been nailed & will be the best ever..the FF guys are delivering a bloody guid program and we follow on from there, myself & some of my colleagues will be with you for the whole two days (you'll see us around!), and we are as excited as you lot....did i mention there is an incredible line up? ;op