2014 All nighter

For discussion of the Frightfest Halloween events in 2014
DJBenz
-----
-----

Re: 2014 All nighter

Post by DJBenz »

Alex J wrote:Interesting line-up. Wonder who the guests will be? Any suggestions?
Frightfest wrote:Guests attending include The Vicious Brothers, Anthony DiBlasi and Andy Nyman, So, be sure to be part of our terror tribe for the night-ride of your lives
EDIT: Ah, I see in another thread that you're looking at Bristol. Those are the guest for the London event.
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

We are working on guests for Bristol as well.
EvilAsh
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by EvilAsh »

I was looking forward to a day event... and the line up isn't that good so I'll skip it.
morralex
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by morralex »

yeah doesn't look great, not worth staying up all night for i dont think sorry.
bounce08
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by bounce08 »

I agree, probably the worst lineup for an all nighter I can remember, on paper anyway. The Pact 2?! :s
DeanoG
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by DeanoG »

I like the looks of the line up, ABCs of Death 2 and the Editor are enough for me. ( loved Manborg/Biocop ).

It wouldn't be Halloween without the all nighter.
pauluspink
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by pauluspink »

Yeah, I do want to see The Editor and ABCs of Death 2 but not worth doing the whole night.

I've attended every all-nighter since the first and this will be the first one I'll be missing. :|

The BFI had the better films.
I do Special Make-Up Effects & Prosthetics (SFX): Graphic Delusions: Facebook Page
wakko
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by wakko »

On my way (alone) to the all nighter in London! Should be fun if you make it fun! :p See you there.
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

We trust everyone enjoyed last nights All-Nighter at the Prince Charles Cinema in London. We were delighted with the turnout of familiar and new faces. Thanks for making the effort to come along and of course let us know what you thought.
wakko
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by wakko »

I took a tactical sleep during The Pact 2. I am not sure what to think about The Editor - hilarious at times I am not sure if the joke can be stretched to feature length. They could easily have a done a "proper" giallo. Perhaps I was too tired.
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

The Editor was the best of the night, but yeah, the laughs did seem pretty thin by the end... but was it fatigue?
kazb32
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by kazb32 »

The films were all really good, much better than last years event, felt a bit let down by ABCs of Death 2, the first one a lot better in my opinion.
As is was our first time to go to the Prince Charles cinema we were unaware of the slant the of the seats and therefore 2 out of the 3 of our party have very restricted views of the screen but had lovely views of the seats and heads of the people in front of us.
DeanoG
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by DeanoG »

The Editor was my favourite, I love all the Astron 6 stuff so I knew I would enjoy it, but I have been quoting lines all weekend, can't get released quick enough.

I really enjoyed The Last Shift, really well made film, with a good premise that stuck to its guns, although, without spoiling anything, I would have liked a different tone to the ending, but that is a minor quibble.

ABCs was good, Pact 2 was good.

Overall I feel the quality of the films across the board was really high, we may not have really had much in the way of big marquee name movies, but the quality was consistent so I am not too fussed.

Prince Charles was a good venue, probably my favourite cinema in Britain, so always happy to hear of events being hosted there.

So thats the positive stuff out of the way now on to minor quibbles.

The price was a little high for the event, especially as it was only 5 films.

Would have been nice to have had a host for the whole evening, as you where often unsure what time the movies started and how long the breaks would be. ( but I understand that not everybody wants to stay up all night ).

Only thing that really soured the evening was that my transport home was completely ballsed up and had to wait two hours after the closing film to get home, am a zombie this Monday morning, but FrightFest have nothing to do with public transport obviously ( just wanted to include my rant ), if you live in outer London you may as well live on another planet for the level of service you get.

Thanks for sorting out the event all !
Paul1968
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Paul1968 »

i hate the prince charles. they show great films but the seats are slanted so badly i often have really restricted views of the screen.
kazb32
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by kazb32 »

Paul1968 wrote:i hate the prince charles. they show great films but the seats are slanted so badly i often have really restricted views of the screen.
Totally agree with this.