Cannibal Holocaust - Shameless Blu Ray

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
BristolHorror
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Cannibal Holocaust - Shameless Blu Ray

Post by BristolHorror »

Hi everyone,

I'm reading conflicting reports about how cut the Shameless blu ray edition of Cannibal Holocaust is.

As far as I can work out, the two DVD set features a fairly heavily cut version, and a version with only 14 seconds worth of cuts. Is this right?

It's difficult to tell, because Amazon reviews tend to lump all reviews of a movie together, and not break them down by different releases. There are some reviews of the CH blu ray from 2001.

Please would someone let me know?

Thanks. :)
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Re: Cannibal Holocaust - Shameless Blu Ray

Post by zappa fan »

try this site for the different versions. http://www.blu-ray.com/
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
BristolHorror
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by BristolHorror »

Thanks.

Bought, and watched it.

It was uncut, apart from a few seconds. It's the most recent version passed by BBFC.
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

I believe the Shameless release uses the new 'Animal-cruelty free' version of the film that was originally released on the Grindhouse (US) version as an alternative to the true original cut. The BBFC cut this version by a further 15 seconds.

So it's a slightly cut, director's approved, new version of the film, but how close it is to the infamous original I don't know.

Compare versions here: http://dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=19112
BristolHorror
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by BristolHorror »

The standard DVD has two discs, one version on each. The blu-ray has them both on the single disc.

One version is "animal cruelty free", and the other has all animals scenes in apart from one. The nice thing about that edit, is that they left the sound in, and just cut to some other images on screen. This means that the jarring effect of most cuts wasn't there. In short - it's fully uncut, apart from fifteen seconds of video in one place.