Boar

The place to discuss FrightFest 2018 - Dates this year are 23 - 27th August.
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Boar

Post by jonbly »

7/10 - Good old-fashioned creature feature. The two non-deaths were annoying, and the night shots struggled at times.
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Re: Boar

Post by Alex J »

The latest Oz creature feature - the expected mix of humour and gore, although the former does dry up as the plot gets a little darker in the final act. A good mix of characters helps to maintain viewer interest, but overall it is solid, but not spectacular. One to watch if you're in the mood for a monster movie. 7 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
DavieT
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by DavieT »

One to watch late at night after a skinful of beer .....
WraithApe
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by WraithApe »

3/10. Not the outrageously schlocky throwback creature feature promised by the poster, but a dull litany of killings, perpetrated by a large, but oddly static boar. This was was a grind. I'll skip the obvious pun, but safe to say Boar didn't offer much assistance in the fight against sleep.
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

I thought it was pretty dull and it doesn't seem like giant boar FX have progressed much, if at all, since the days of Razorback. The boar seemed to be everywhere at once and, despite being the size of a house, it apparently had the ability to sneak around in absolute silence.

The "big names" in the cast like John Jarratt and Chris Haywood were there just to pad out the running time with seemingly improvised bullshit dialogue. I wouldn't be surprised if Jarratt was actually drunk the whole time. As for the Geordie Shore bloke, don't give up your day job. Whatever that is.
gazadams
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by gazadams »

really liked this film and it did what it said on the tin.
ChrisReynolds
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by ChrisReynolds »

Generic monster movie with a giant boar. Lots of the film was people arguing in what felt like padded scenes. One of the worst films I saw over the weekend.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

- What ideas have you got for a horror film?

- A giant pig and a former wrestler (and armed robber) sings Ice Ice Baby...

- Anything else?

- You need more?
greenzombidog
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by greenzombidog »

I have to admit to being a bit disappointed by this one. I thought Charlie's farm was pretty good and I love creature films but I found this lacking. The boar was like one of those nodding dogs, it's body barely moved. The kills were also quite boring and few and far between. Also what was up with most of the night time filming it looked like crap.

I didn't hate it, I think I just expected more than it gave.
In the dark womb we ate hot slime