Ravers

The place to discuss FrightFest 2018 - Dates this year are 23 - 27th August.
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Ravers

Post by jonbly »

8\10 - Not too loud or flashy, thank goodness. Enjoyable romp with believable sets / props and some decent variation on the zombie norm. One hole, though... how does the dealer get back in?
Paxton
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Re: Ravers

Post by Paxton »

I wanted to like it but just couldn't. The fake American accents are always a turnoff and the rest of the story was cliched and trite. The director mentioned it went through post-production in a rush and I thought it showed, some scenes just seemed to hang around waiting for a cut
WraithApe
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by WraithApe »

6/10. Contrary to expectations, loved the soundtrack to Ravers. Not the kind of mainstream trance techno you normally get in club scenes in movies but full of authentic big room bangers; proper dark techno. The downside of having such a thumping soundtrack is that I actually wanted less talking so I could just lose myself in the music!
greenzombidog
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by greenzombidog »

Liked this more than I expected. The fake American accents annoyed me too and I think they would have said pink eye instead of a stye. I liked the second mutation of the ravers and think it should have happened sooner. I didn't really understand the effects of the energy drink. Some went homicidal some did nothing some decided to climb a ladder some had sex, not very consistent. It was ok. Don't think I'd watch it again or recommend it.
In the dark womb we ate hot slime
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by jonbly »

greenzombidog wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:59 pm I didn't really understand the effects of the energy drink.
My interpretation was that it made them fixated on doing whatever they'd been into in the first place - so the users craved drugs, the dancers wanted to dance... and they'd go postal on anyone who got in the way of their thing.
greenzombidog
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by greenzombidog »

jonbly wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:54 pm
greenzombidog wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:59 pm I didn't really understand the effects of the energy drink.
My interpretation was that it made them fixated on doing whatever they'd been into in the first place - so the users craved drugs, the dancers wanted to dance... and they'd go postal on anyone who got in the way of their thing.
Yeah, that makes sense. Thanks.
In the dark womb we ate hot slime
Whiptail
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Whiptail »

I really liked this movie, although im certainly not a raver or clubber (rather a nice cup of tea and an episode of Midsommer Murders). The premise was simple, protagonists were likable enough, effects were good and the resultant mutant was sufficiently Troma-esque to be scary and humourous. I didnt notice the fake accents, so they didnt annoy me.

This film gets extra bonus points because the lovable bearded geek guy actually survived.
Extra bonus points for the amazing dutch giant.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Didn't hate this as much as I thought I would having desperately wanted to see Book of Monsters instead of this having been put of by the premise.

A nice spin on zombies and not too irritating characters, though I agree the accents were annoying.

Still not a fan of junk science though, just can't suspend my disbelief for that.