FrightFest 2021

The place to discuss all things about the 2021 FrightFest Events
FranksWildYears
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: FrightFest 2021

Post by FranksWildYears »

The Aylmer wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:03 pm I had an old Chromecast but it didn't want to work for me for last years digital Frightfest so I bought a Roku Premier instead and just downloaded the Eventive app onto that. Worked brilliantly so that gets my vote.
I could do that, but it's 40 more quid, I probably won't use it again and I only really want two or three films; I'm working for at least one of the ones I would have watched (and also when the Discovery tickets are let loose so that's likely that fucked, as my silver haired old grandmother used to say).

Thanks Frank but I saw the pages and tbh I'm none the wiser - I don't have a computer to plug into the TV and there isn't much about firesticks, plus the forum threads from last year didn't look too hopeful. I'll have a faff with the FS when I have a free evening and if I can get anything I'll buy the digital pass thing then 👍
benj
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by benj »

FranksWildYears wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:00 am
The Aylmer wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:03 pm I had an old Chromecast but it didn't want to work for me for last years digital Frightfest so I bought a Roku Premier instead and just downloaded the Eventive app onto that. Worked brilliantly so that gets my vote.
I could do that, but it's 40 more quid, I probably won't use it again and I only really want two or three films; I'm working for at least one of the ones I would have watched (and also when the Discovery tickets are let loose so that's likely that fucked, as my silver haired old grandmother used to say).

Thanks Frank but I saw the pages and tbh I'm none the wiser - I don't have a computer to plug into the TV and there isn't much about firesticks, plus the forum threads from last year didn't look too hopeful. I'll have a faff with the FS when I have a free evening and if I can get anything I'll buy the digital pass thing then 👍
IIRC, the only way to get it working on a Firestick was to install a web browser (e.g. Amazon Silk) on it, navigate to the site (sadly, typing urls is a laborious faff on the Firestick remote, so definitely bookmark it once done) and watch through that.

EDIT: Scratch that, I just checked and there's now an app for Firestick. Just search for Eventive TV and that should allow you to download it.
FranksWildYears
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Thanks benj (and for your organiser - I use it every year too!)

I've downloaded that and had a look at the schedule, but a lot of what I wanted to see is during work hours so I might be on a hiding to nothing anyway when it can't be started by the person watching at a time that suits.

I also can't find the link to buy the passholder digital addon and not the £85 quid ticket - is it with the others and I'm just missing it? :eek:
benj
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by benj »

FranksWildYears wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:59 pm I also can't find the link to buy the passholder digital addon and not the £85 quid ticket - is it with the others and I'm just missing it? :eek:
Sadly the forum here doesn’t get quite the same attention as the Facebook page :( According to that you can get the digital add-on here: https://frightfest.nuwebgroup.com/event ... x5e9tXpz8g
benj
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by benj »

FranksWildYears wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:59 pm Thanks benj (and for your organiser - I use it every year too!)
You’re welcome- happy to help :)
FranksWildYears
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

benj wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:00 pm You’re welcome- happy to help :)
And my pass has just been sent, after I spent the last three days panicking about not being able to figure out how to unlock anything or work the Eventive app I now have on my phone and my fire stick :eek:

I can catch up with virtually everything I wanted to see and didn't/couldn't and I'm really looking forward to having a mini FrightFest at home to draw it out a bit after such a fun weekend, so I hope the digital add on is a keeper!