Night Sky

Everything you need to know about the Frightfest 2022 FrightFest events
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Night Sky

Post by Alex J »

A road trip with a sci-fi twist and with a compelling central partnership at its heart. Affecting and heartfelt. It also has a dash of No Country For Old Men too. I did guess the twist at the end, although it did actually raise more questions than answers.

8.5 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
AdeBrown
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Re: Night Sky

Post by AdeBrown »

My favourite of the weekend (and high on my list of Frightfest Faves) is another road trip (LA to New Mexico via Zion, Utah)
Night Sky. AJ Bowen, Brea Grant and Scott Poythress play fugitives and their pursuer. The latter is after the former because of an unspecified criminal debt. Brea Grant helps the fugitive in return for a favour.
She cannot drive and needs to get to New Mexico.
Their journey brings them together, like the other road trip I enjoyed (Next Exit) that's not a surprising narrative, but very engaging characters.
The reason for their pursuit appears to become a psychopath looking for a challenge.
When the film ends on a new question, we've seen some interesting perspectives on humanity. Not in a philosophical ponderous manner, just how people react to someone asking for help.
I did not guess thar thing that you guessed Alex.

The cast... I want to see more of their work now.
The scenery is beautiful.
My livejournal Frightfest reports from days gone by (2004 to 2011)
http://surprisetruck.livejournal.com/tag/frightfest
Whiptail
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Night Sky

Post by Whiptail »

I think I watched a different film, as I found this film rather dull. The 'human looking alien that doesnt understand humans and has to learn how to love' has been done so many times before.