Barbarian

Everything you need to know about the Frightfest 2022 FrightFest events
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Barbarian

Post by Alex J »

A rollercoaster ride that brings several tales together into one overall narrative. Some of the directions the plot takes are not the most obvious, which keeps you guessing and surprised, even if the characters occasionally make questionable decisions. A very entertaining tale that is fairly restrained with the gore, but does make up for it with some other gross moments.

8 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
AdeBrown
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Re: Barbarian

Post by AdeBrown »

Barbarian
Two people inadvertently (?) end up at the same Air bnb in the run down part of Detroit. She's got a job interview tomorrow, he's trying a bit too hard not to be creepy. One thinks you can see where it's going, then suddenly it's like a Russian doll of a tale that has a bigger NOPE than the film of that name.. I agree about the poor decisions but then where would our genre be ?

I was greatly amused by the director's comment about a sequel
My livejournal Frightfest reports from days gone by (2004 to 2011)
http://surprisetruck.livejournal.com/tag/frightfest
Whiptail
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Whiptail »

I found his comment about being compared to Malignant was curious. Ive never seen Malignant so I have no idea why he didnt want to comment.
ItWasAllGiallo
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by ItWasAllGiallo »

If you’ve seen both films the question of similarity was completely redundant so I’m not surprised the question was completely dismissed.
For the sake of those that might not have seen both or either (as well as there being little point) I’ll not elaborate further.
benj
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by benj »

I found the way the director responded to that question a bit dickish and highly dismissive to the asker. Personally, I find it hard to summon the nerve to ask a question in front of so many knowledgeable horror fans and had I had that kind of response to one of my questions I'm not sure I'd ever want to try ever again.

He could have said he just didn't see the similarity at all (I also don't get the comparison), but "I'm not going to comment on that" (or whatever his exact words were) was just an awful way to respond to any question. I was sat just behind the poor guy who asked and he was clearly as taken aback as quite a few others in the room- even Paul seemed a bit "Ooookay..."